does anyone remember

GARY F

No, but I do remember having black outs. The air raid siren would blow and each block had an air raid worden. He would patrol the block with a whistle and megaphone and holler at anyone who had a light on. The old man would hang a piece of news paper across the back of the big Zenith radio so no light could escape. Once the all clear siren sounded he would take it off.

Life was a lot simpler then.......................Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

Guest cben09

The paint got into the lenz flutes and did not come off verry well in '45-6,,Then they sold us cars without bumpers,,,,well a wood 2x5,,,said bumper would come,,,,then they sent a steel bumper,,,painted,,,,,said the chrome one was on its way,,,,seems like now we got the chrome bumper around the time we wanted to trade the car in,,,,AND you guys will not ever imagine what came out of barns to get the kids to school on the [veterans bill of rights]] school plan,,,oh gosh,,,why cant I remember,,,My neighbor got grandads 1927 Dodge out of the barn cellar and drove it for 4 years to collage,, Gettin a sticker w/2 wheel brakes was always fun,,,We had ration books for everything,,,Better stop here,,,before it gets to be a book,,,Ben,,,,grrrrr,,,tastes awful w/no sugar,,the patch on the innertube was larger than my sock,,,550x19,,,yep I was there,,,and HATS off to all you guys that were before me,,,AND NO I really dont want to tell the horrors of the mustard gas survivors doing what they could ,to stay alive in the 1950s,,,,it was NOT nice,,,,they truly lived a living hell,,,,If they walked too fast they hadda stop for the coughing,,,,,CB