1930 Model 47 interior colors?

Hi all,

What colors of mohair would have been available for my sedan? I painted it the original dark blue/black, but the original interior was a light turquoise I really don't like.

I have looked at internet and ebay photos of original cars, but I have been unsuccessful in finding a 1930 factory list of colors in the literature.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Dwight

Dwight,

Not sure I can provide much help, but I can pass on what little I do have. My interior was completely missing when I bought the car, but I have come across a few random threads of a medium brown color in my 1930 Model 68 that I did not find very appealing. The car also came from the seller with an uninstalled upholstery kit from Lebaron Bonney in gray which is much nicer to my eye. I know they initially developed this kit from an original interior, so I suspect the color may have been available in 1930, however this is just a guess on my part.

Thanks,

If you are a BCA member, you could ask the technical adviser.

You may also contact LeBaron Bonney or Hampton Coach to ask if they have the answer. Of course, they may want you to buy from them if they give you advice. For 1929, a lot of that information is available, so I'm sure someone must have an answer.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your input.

I like the gray also.

I had not thought about asking the tech advisor. I will contact Beuford.

Thanks again,

Dwight

P.S. I purchased photocopies of all the sales brochures for the 1930 Buicks from the BCA archives. I thought for sure they would list available interior colors like the modern ones do. Surprizing, they do not!