Fascinating 1941 Buick Dealership Diorama in 1:43-scale

Centurion

Many of you are probably aware that the Brooklin Company is producing a "Buick Collection" of more than 120 different pre-war Buicks in 1:43-scale.

On one of the diecast auto forums, a fellow (Randall Olson) has posted images of the 1941 Buick dealership diorama he has put together to showcase these small scale Buicks. There will be many more additions to the Buick Collection than what is shown here.

Please don't get thrown off by the LaSalle "trade-in" that is shown in the photos. This is the "mystery" model that Randall refers to.

Here's the text and photos of Randall's diorama:

Finally, during a rainy Saturday, I completed the installation of my Brooklin Buick dealership in my display cabinet. Here are some details:

The garage portion is a Berkshire Valley O Guage '40s Flying A station in which I increased the footprint by adding the side wall to the front and building a new extended rear wall. The showroom is scratchbuilt by myself. I originally built it to hold 4 cars. It has been sitting on my workbench for about a year. I wanted to put it in my cabinet but discovered that it was at least 3" too long! So, I cut it down last week to hold 3 cars.

I'm sure most of you will recognize the cars themselves: Four barely visible 1941 Western Buicks in the showroom and garage; Two Victory La Familia 1940 Buick sedans; Nine 1934-39 Brooklin Collection Buicks including 2 John Roberts customs (terrific models!) and a mystery John Roberts one of a kind model - Who is able to identify it? My apologies for the slight blurriness and uneven lighting, but I hope you enjoy the layout:

Brooklinincabinet1_edited.jpg

like this angle - note the garbage can. You can wander down the little alley on the right which has a couple of storefronts including an appliance store featuring the latest GE radios. For authenticity I have to replace the "television" sign with something more pre-war(this building came from a 1959 diorama I made).

IMG_6440_edited.jpg

The Western side has a billboard with a 1940 Buick (I can't get a decent commercial shot of a 1941). I still have to finish filling in the sky on the left, but this will give you an idea what it will look like when complete.

Anybody else have this Buick Collection dilemma? I.E. How to display the other 121 Buick variants Brooklin is planning?

IMG_6443_edited.jpg

Guest Grant Magrath

Very cool.

I've been building models since I was a young boy, and I've always wanted to do something like this! Maybe with one of my 1/12 scale formula 1 kits.

Cheers

Grant