Buick 1926 standart six head gasket

Guest calais1965

Good Morning: We have a difference of opinion. I have used both the older copper clad gaskets and those which are made of a non-clad material. I have had no problem with either. However, in my opinion the copper clad is less likely to develop channels for leakage of water and gases. The copper clad must be carefully cleaned and sprayed with a head gasket material which assists in bonding and leak prevention by filling voids. This head gasket material is bought in a spray can from your parts store. To my knowledge the head gaskets that are not copper clad are not sprayed with the head gasket material. The copper clad are getting harder to find and with both seeming to work we do what we have to. Patrick W. Brooks

Good Morning JP: Had a chance to pack things for vending at the BCA National in Ames, Iowa, which is about 35 miles from my home. Located a NO head gasket for your 25 Standard which is copper clad. If interested let me know at brooker50158@hotmail.com Cost is $30.00 plus shipping. If interested I will pack and take to the PO for a quote on shipping. Let me know. If anyone else in interested they may contact me as well. Thanks, Patrick W. Brooks, BCA # 3939