New Bern Drink Tickets?

John348

What happened to the thread that was discussing the tickets that were paid for and the early closing of the bar in New Bern? If someone did not like it then say it! I know I did not like throwing out $28 in useless tickets and have no problems saying so

Guest 704EVER

It was obviously a touchy subject John and the powers that be deleted it. Many people in my section of the room also got stuck with tickets but to me it's a done deal and in the past. I'm more concerned about future National banquets and if this is going to be the way they are run. I've actively recruited several of my friends from S. Fl. to join the AACA and start showing their cars at some upcoming National events. I've had nothing but great experiences so far belonging to the club and that's why I was so surprised about the short comings at the Grand National banquet. If this is to be new policy fine, we'll opt out of the banquet for a local night out, as water or coffee for 4 hours won't sit very well with these guys. If whoever is planning and signing off on the banquet itself has a problem with a cash bar being available for the guests, then I think someone from higher up should step in and rectify the situation. It's a social event and we're all adults here, someones' dislike for alcohol shouldn't ruin a good night out for the rest of us. I'm not only speaking for myself here but for many others who were there that night as well.

Guest Zee28

I had posted in the original thread as well stating that I purchased $24 worth of wasted drink tickets because the bar was closed before I finished my dinner and was ready to use them. I was waiting on replies to learn if this was new banquet policy that would apply to future meets. Seems odd such a request for information would be deleted rather than simply answered. As such, now it raises another question...what happened to all the unused drink ticket money??

If for some unknown reason these questions are too sensitive to be answered publicly so that all members know what to expect at future banquets, could someone please post the name of who to direct our questions to?

Guys I am out of town and only know parts of what this thread is about so let me try to make it simple:

1. The meet was a great one and the region did a fabulous job. The lack of a "proper bar" at this meet was due to the regulations of the convention center and NOT the region. No AACA policy as we do not and have not had a policy in this regard. There has been zero discussions on this issue.

2. The thread was apparently deleted as it was just too hard to delete a few posts.

3. If you feel the need, send me the leftover drink tickets and I will find a way to get the tickets reimbursed even if it comes out of my own pocket.

I understand that no one likes to pay for something that they did not receive. That is not right. Members attend the banquets for many reasons but part of it should be to help the region support the meet. Alcohol or no alcohol they need your attendance.

It is a shame that the region's hard work in putting on a terrific meet has to be marred by this subject but hopefully we can all move on now as answers and a solution have been presented.

PS..I am wrong the thread still seems to be there! I read the posts and now realize there was a sign there. However, My offer stands as posted.

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
new info (see edit history)

Guest billybird

AMEN! Steve. I remember attending the banquet at the Cleveland, Tenn. meet a couple years back {correct me if I'm wrong} and they did'nt offer ANY alcohol AT ALL. I don't remember a bunch of complaints from that. This thread originally was about the bar not being open long enough. It has now shifted to "what about our money" and I do understand that. We all like to get what we pay for.

Guest 704EVER
704ever, guess I owe you an apology,please consider it done.

No apology is necessary. I was merely inquiring about the situation from last weekend and what to expect at future events, that's all. As Steve above stated, it seems to have been the rules of the convention center that directed the policy for the night. In the future I will just inquire ahead of time what the stipulations are so that I don't leave my guests with a less than pleasant experience.

Steve,

Thanks for offering to pay for the tickets but the money is not my issue.

To everyone,

I never said that the job done by the host region was not done well and I do not think any of us who posted on this or the original thread felt that way. If there was a sign saying the bar was only going to be open for an hour I did not see it, and from what I understand from the threads I was not the only one, but next time I will ask. I bought several tickets because I wanted to have a few sodas which were also sold at the bar. If the bar was to be opened an hour and I purchased ten drink tickets the seller of the tickets should have realized with only two banquet tickets I might have had a problem using them in a short time span. We all know these events can last a few hours so it would be nice to be able to have something to drink other than convention center water and warm iced tea made with the same water. I was not questioning the contents of the bar at all, only the fact that a last call reminder would have been nice. I don't need to know but it would be nice to see how many tickets were purchased and how many were redeemed, that might answer a few questions as to how clear the sign was or was not.

To deleate the original thread, is just ignoring that there was a problem and it was not isolated. It was not right to delaete it, it was wrong! nobody marred the effort of the host region. It might be the convention centers rules as to what to serve and how to pay, but was it their rule when to stop serving?

Susan thanks for the hint but it was not needed, and explination as to why it was deleated was needed more than your hint as what I should or should not do.

Edited by Biscayne John
more content (see edit history)

..... Susan thanks for the hint but it was not needed, and explination as to why it was deleated was needed more than your hint as what I should or should not do.

I couldn't tell you why it was taken down, but I was trying to let you know the best way to get the answer you wanted. Most of the time re-starting deleted threads only makes it worse.