DPC Badge

DAVE A

I am sorry I didn't look at how other cars did it, but I need some ideas on how to display my DPC badge on my Hotshot. I don't have a grille to fasten it to, in fact short of drilling holes all I have on the front is a bumper to affix it to. I am looking for ideas as to where and how to properly affix it to the car. It must be on the front ....correct??

Maybe if you post a photo of the front of your car someone will come up with a good idea of how to properly display the badge without risk of damage.

Congratulations on getting your DPC certification. :) My husband has been on the DPC team several times lately and enjoys that class after many years of regular judging.

Dave, Hershey has a brass plate with a hole in it that can be mounted to your license plate, either up or down. The DPC batch will easily mount to it.

Just in from the New Bern show area. Really pretty place. I helped Nelson and Pat Thorpe park their fire engine and equipment off-site until show time. Lots of friends down here this evening, everyone with smiles on their faces.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I'll contact them and see if I can get one. I somehow thought the badge had to be displayed on the front of the car. If anyone has other ideas, here is a picture of the front of the car.

post-61568-143138214368_thumb.jpg

There's nothing that says the badge must be permanently mounted, so I glued some strong

refrigerator magnets to the back of mine, and "attach" it to the front license plate for shows.

dpc_badge.jpg

It's quickly removed afterwards, doesn't get messed up, and is only there when I need it.

Without a plate on the front of your Crosley, two magnets top & bottom would affix it

securely to your bumper (my Buick has lots of curved surfaces up front, too).

57_rwb_show_2008_1xa.jpg

Just a suggestion for your cool Hotshot...

TG

Yes, they are very nice. One of our late club members Jim Stearsman had them made and sold a bunch of them a number of years ago. After he died, one of our other members brought the remainder to the Crosley National show and sold them all to AACA member Barry Seel. I have seen them go as high as 120.00 each. I bought 2 of them from Barry for a lot less than that!! I have one on my Supersports. I'm saving the other one...but I don't know what for!!!!