Does any forum member own a 63 Electra ?

Guest BJM

'61 was the first year for the open drive line.

I have a photo or two of the green '63 2 door HT that Tom sold. It was taken at the 2006 national in Rochester. I only remember having one decent photo, now that I think about it.

You know, now that I think about it, I might have taken photos of that green 63 Electra at Rochester too. That was a beautiful car and original if I remember?

Guest 64e225

Are you talking about Tom Liddy's '63?

I have a '64 E225

My friend Dave Kerr has a Blue '63 Sedan.

Pictures attached

post-59401-143138195871_thumb.jpg

post-59401-143138195876_thumb.jpg

post-59401-143138195879_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone for posting. This shows the importance - partially - of taking lots of photos at a National meet of all the cars.

I had run across a Hemmings ad selling a 63 Electra convertible and I communicated with the seller.

I was unable to find much at all when I "googled" so I appreciate it here. Some know I have owned virtually ALL of the 64 Buick models save the Skylark.

I like a well done 62 but the sides are still "corrugated" or busy. The 64 Electras are conservative and modern. The 64 Electra was the 1st modern looking Buick in my opinion. Many Cadillac lovers feel the 63-64 Cadillacs too - are modern in appearance.

Working off classic 3 box styling with no element that catches and piques the eyes, the 64 Buick and Cadillac top-of-the line models could be mistaken for mid 70's cars easily.

But the 63 Electra sees the influence of a modern Electra approach of the refined rear quarter panel that would remain until 1985 and some touches that date it such as the grille and the indentation crease in the front fenders.

The particular 63 Electra convertible that I was looking at had a bucket seat / console interior and no air conditioning. That to me is ideal as I have found these 63-64 A/C units combined with the hard to work with dash on 63-64's to be a nightmare.

I like having all that room under the hood. Yet it has buckets so that to me is ultimate big personal luxury. And all 63 Electra convertibles had power windows, power steering and brakes.

The color on the 63 Electra convertible I am looking at it is a pleasing copper beige metallic inside and saddle interior.

Thanks again everyone.

Exactly the same color exterior and interior of the one I am looking inot. I have had no response so I believe it has been sold.

Guest 64e225

you don't want AC...Over rated. You'll always have the top/windows down anyway. Those vents just rattle, system is expensive to repair... it goes on. I think the AC will one day be removed from my '64 :)

• 2 weeks later...