Vote on the poll please

http://forums.aaca.org/f131/how-do-i-set-forums-not-279739.html

The link above (if it works) is a post on the Forum Questions area that includes a poll on whether you would want the ability to 'ignore' posts by certain people by setting the forum to now even show those posts to you.

I'm not sure if the forum software is even capable of this feat but I feel it would be a nice ability.

Already got an answer on the question and it works! Except that anyone else posting with a quote from the offender will end up letting me see the offenders post as a quote. Otherwise I only see a message that the offender has a post at that point in the thread and I am ignoring it. If everyone 'ignores' a poster then that offender will never get an answer to any of their posts.

I was wondering about that myself. Sometimes post make me LOL and lately almost puke. Over time I have made forum relationships and while some replys make me LOL most everyone has some good advice to contribute. On a vw forum one question was answered "take it to a shop or fix it yourself don't bother us." I enjoy a little personal note now and then also. I suppose there are more personal gripe forums out there or maybe dr phil has one too. All in all i think this forum has for the most part been pretty decent and not a waste of our time. what a generic sentence that was, LOL. ok, getting off the box now.

Hi David,

I think it is good to have the capability to block recieving someone on you own computer. I believe it is your right to do so, and I'm glad our forum hasd that capability. I for one would not block anything.. As old as I am I will now quote my Dad. " It's an ill wind that blows no good". From that you should get = We get some little tid-bit of good out of everything, including those who give us a pain.. Thanks buddy..... Lou

Guest My TC Toy

Possibly anyone posting personal abuse or insulting comments to other members should, at the very least, be ignored. If that is too dificult to do, possibly a solution is to notify the moderator and let him (them) take action. I believe one can issue a complaint by clicking on the red flag at every post. In this way no-one would have to put up the abuse.

We are all her to help each other out in the best way we can. Sure, we carry on a little but that's all part of life.