"GENERAL JUMBO" WHEELS

Can anyone supply any info :confused: on "GENERAL JUMBO" Wheels? I believe they were a "Period" accessory, after market type of wheel. I know they were manufactured for Ford:rolleyes: and Chevy - gasp! :P How rare / desirable are they? Thank you.

You can read some information about the General Tire Company wheels which were actually manufactured by Cleveland Welding and known as Cleve Weld Wheels, by clicking on this link [url="http://www.restorodstogo.com/2010/01/general-jumbo-wheels-1930s.html"

I am currently restoring a set of 9 spoke General Jumbo Wheels for my 1937 Chevy Pickup Truck. I have a couple 11 spoke wheel for Chevrolet and would really like to find some more to complete a set. These are the ones I would ultimately like to run on my Chevy. I have hub caps for two sets of wheels.

Just thought of something else. A friend has a pair of 15" Cleve Welds that have a small 5 lug pattern. I am not familiar with willys bolt pattern. Could they possibly fit that application?

The Chevy "standard" model of 1936 used a 4.25" bolt circle, 5 lug. I have tried in the past to find out how many other years of Chevy Standards used the small pattern...but no luck yet.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest truckdog62563
The Chevy "standard" model of 1936 used a 4.25" bolt circle, 5 lug. I have tried in the past to find out how many other years of Chevy Standards used the small pattern...but no luck yet.

Chevy Standard 6s from 1934 to 1936 used 16" x 4" Kelsey Hayes disc wheels having 5 lug x 4.25" circle. In 1936 a steel spoke was also available in a 17" x 3.25" size. Before that, 1933 to 1935 had wire wheels with the same bolt pattern in 17" x 3" size. The 33 to 34s had small hub caps, 34 to 35 had large hub caps. Wires were also available 34- 36 on Standards in 19" x 3.25" size. Stu