Howdy everyone!... many reatta issues since last time

Guest CL_Reatta

Guest CL_Reatta

Hey there guys,

It has been a while I know, ive been trying to keep up on here, but I hopefully will be back to stay this time. The reatta has been giving some major issues lately. for a while, it did not want to start, ended up being the CPS, but now, it started, but will stall sometimes when putting it in gear, or while stopping. Now most recently, it will not start again. when it was running I was getting a SES light, with a e026 as a current code, I also would get history codes e021 e022 and e043 ... aloing with b132 and b552 ... Does anyone know what is going on with this crazy car? the EGR valve was reaplced thinking that was the issue, but it still is doing it.

Thanks again guys

Guest CL_Reatta

Yes, I took out the iac and wiped all the gunk off of it, it was black black, that is what I was thinking, but there is not enough money to just go replacing everything and hope that is the issue.

Isn't it sometimes worth it, to weigh the cost of your time vs. the cost of replacing a "candidate part"? The IAC was only like $40, and even though it wasn't the cause of my high idle issue, the trips to the store, time cleaning it, and the time of troubleshooting, and since the original was 20 years old..............I didn't have a problem simply replacing it, anyway.

Although, your financial situation may be worse than mine...........hope it isn't.

Guest CL_Reatta

Before hand I used to completely agree, but sadly in this senario the reatta is my girlfriends, she lost her job, she went to school to the cost of $10k, and even though they guaranteed her a job afterwards, still nothing, I'm already paying for her bills, and I have my own bills to take care of, and I can't afford to buy anything for it, and obviously she can't either. So there is still some need of trying to make sure that the parts are not being just thrown at it

Before hand I used to completely agree, but sadly in this senario the reatta is my girlfriends, she lost her job, she went to school to the cost of $10k, and even though they guaranteed her a job afterwards, still nothing, I'm already paying for her bills, and I have my own bills to take care of, and I can't afford to buy anything for it, and obviously she can't either. So there is still some need of trying to make sure that the parts are not being just thrown at it

when I was your age a long time ago I used to find girlfriends that had new cars and they had money so I could afford to date them. You could learn a lot from your elders. Just kidding

Guest Mc_Reatta

Hope you didn't forget to clean the IAC seat as well as the piston end. Cleaning up the rest of the throttle body as well wouldn't hurt either.

Does the idle bump up when the AC is engaged as well as when the power steering switch makes on hard left or right turns of the wheel?

If none of that helps, disconnect the MAF sensor and see if it idles better.

I've found lots of black sticky goop in IAC passages before. Cleaned it out and everything was fine. Never figured where it came from.

code 26 is the quad driver and the checkout requires good ears to hear the solenoids clicking - have to use the outputs from diagnostics to check.

Suggest clearing all codes and seing what comes back and when. At this stage there is no need to throw parts at it.

Guest CL_Reatta

I cleaned out everything, the best I could... it was 20 degrees out keep in mind, cant engage the a/c cuz there is no a/c, and I can give that disconnecting the MAF a try, but since this happens randomly, might never get a true result. What is this quad driver that is being referred to? I was going to give the IAC a try today, except it is $80, I can't afford that right now

Guest craig hewitt

Is this the rust free car on Craigs list for 1300.00 car doest look bad but it has been a nightmare for you hasnt it i remember about the trans deal ouch you got that handled Craig

Guest CL_Reatta

Yup this would be that one, which is why selling it is such a hesitation, you can ask Philip if you want... this thing is like immaculate in the rust department. And yes, this car has been a real nighmare... maybe its punishing me for selling it and buying a land rover in its place lol

Guest CL_Reatta

LOL!... yeah that was true padgett with my 8mpg and endless repair bills, but it seems the IAC wouldnt cause a stalling issue when put into gear?

Guest craig hewitt

I agree when i ran a lotus dealer repair shop we had rovers coming in all the time I promised myself i would never buy one!!! CL i have alot of test parts if you want to use them for testing aways willing to help plus your in the area let me know. Craig Come on Spring i can wait !!! just bought a allante (never had a convert)

Guest CL_Reatta

That would be more than wonderful Craig, I keep writing your number down every time you give it to me, then I lose it... you would think I would have it like memorized by now haha