Got those spark plug covers on Mr Earl

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

I got the spark plug covers on my 55 that you so kindly let me have. I have a question about the oil fillers on my car. Old Tank has a picture of his 264 in his Ford pickup and the oil filler is on the valley pan and mine are on the valve covers. Is this a difference between 54 and 55 or something else. Here is a picture of my 264 as it sits now. Still working on it. I also threw in a picture of a whole load of new LaCrosses I saw in Missouri, most I have seen on the road so far.

post-30993-143138172848_thumb.jpg

post-30993-14313817285_thumb.jpg

post-30993-143138172852_thumb.jpg

The change was referenced in a BPSB #2.387 April 22 1955

ENGINE VENT CHANGE

In order to improve engine ventilation, a change is being made in the rocker arm cover and the valve push rod cover. The present oil filler tube and cap are being removed from the valve push rod cover, and new valve rocker arm cover is being released which includes provisions for a new oil filler cap to be mounted on the top of each cover. New filler cap used is the same part as was previously used on the straight eight engines. When these changes are made, the crankcase baffle is eliminated. For service replacements, the new rocker arm cover will be used for all replacements of the old, when stock on hand is exhausted. When installing the new cover on an engine which had the 1st type cover, will be necessary to install the new oil filler cap.

Both types push rod covers will be available, along with the 1st oil filler tube extension and used air conditioner cars will still have available replacements.

I agree MrEarl...it took away that nice logo on the covers.

Guest sintid58

Not me I drive mostly between South Dakota and Missouri. I have to be back every week so I can work my office job on the weekends so I don't get to far from home. They have been changing my trucks lately and now I am driving a purple Freightliners. Who knows what it will be in a month.