Help on Determining value 24 Roadster in pieces

Larry Schramm

I have a friend that is going through a parting with his wife(soon to be ex) and trying to get an accurate value on his project 24 Buick Roadster that is in parts as you can see. The engine in the chassis runs. He lives outside of Philadelphia and needs an accurate value on it for asset division. Can someone give me some idea where he can go and maybe a phone number. I have attached some pictures if anyone wants to give it an idea. If you can help, pm me and I will give you his phone number. Thanks,

post-44099-143138165527_thumb.jpg

post-44099-143138165532_thumb.jpg

post-44099-143138165534_thumb.jpg

post-44099-143138165537_thumb.jpg

post-44099-143138165539_thumb.jpg

I paid either $3000 or $3500 (can't recall which) for a 1924 roadster in pieces about 12 years ago. It was a model 44, which is the rare 6-cylinder. This one appears to be the 4-cylinder, which is not worth quite as much when restored, but on the other hand, might now be equal to what I paid, given the passage of time.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

In all honesty, does your friend not have access to any recognized appraisal expert. I am sure some can do pieces as well as complete cars; however, you would have to pay someone for quite some time to make certain all pieces are present and accounted for (in my opinion).

I think without a full and proper appraial, which might cost a good % of the value, I think Pete's estimate is pretty accurate.

John

• 1 month later...