LZOC Winter Swap Meet-Lancaster, PA Jan 22, 23 , 24.

Phil Knapp

V12Bill wanted to alert all V 12 admirers that the Indoor Lincoln Swap Meet will be held in Lancaster , PA at the Days Inn on Lititz Pike next weekend Jan 22 & 23 & 24. Weather is forecast for mild temperatures,low 40's, and chance of showers for Friday. Not to worry , its INDOORS! Reservations can be made for $52 per nite by calling 717 293 8400 and tell them your with the LZOC group for the special rate.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Edited by Phil Knapp (see edit history)

Greetings to all!

I am hoping to attend the swap meet in Lancaster this weekend. I was wondering what to expect as far as any events that are going on during the event, besides the swap meet itself. Is it best to go on Fri., or Saturday or spend the night? I have never been to a LZOC event as something always seems to come up in my personal life when this meet takes place. I am hoping to get more involved in the club. My impression that the club could use some younger blood to help carry on the torch. Not that I am that young, my daughter (21) certainly doesnt think so!

Last year I was planning on attending and my Dad was going to tag along. He loved to go on my car outings! When I called him the day before we were to go, to confirm our departure time, he sounded so bad I rushed up to his home and took him to the hospital. He never made it back home and passed away on February 21st at 77. I really miss him.

I am bringing this up as I do want to get more involved in the club. Knowing now more than ever that.......

Time stands still for none of us.

Phil Wimbish (6 plus year lurking LZOC member)

Annapolis Md

38 Coupe 3 window (found 2.5 years ago in its 50 year barn find glory!)

To "Old Car Fan":

If you are looking for Lincoln V12 parts you will find more of these at one of the LZOC Swap Meets than at Hershey and Carlisle put together. Besides, it doesn't require nearly as much wasted time looking at uninteresting "Brand X" parts! I would love to attend the Lancaster swap meet, but I'm not ready for a winter road trip to the northeast.

If you (or anybody else) can take some photos of the Lancaster swap meet, send them to Bob Mead for posting on the LZOC website. I had my camera at Santa Maria last November but it malfunctioned early on and I didn't get many pictures.

PS: Congratulations to Cecil on his upcoming marriage. I wish him and his bride the best of everything!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest profiler1114ad

Hi, Do any Zephyr pedal cars show up at this swap meet? I am looking for someone who may have an original 36 Zephyr that I could ask for some pictures of. I have a pedal car that needs a grill and hood ornment pic that I could use to fabricate these

parts. Thanks Bill