1937 Rumble Seat

Guest reasby

Hello everyone

I have a 120 Convertible Coupe. The rumble seat springs etc are missing.

Could someone give me advice as to where I might locate these items.

Thanks...

Ray

Guest John_Lawrence

I have a 1937 Six Convertible Coupe. It too has a rumble seat. I believe these cars to be identical in this feature. There are no springs on my car associated with the rumble seat cover, and no trace that there should have been springs. The cover simply opens and closes on a hinge/lever arrangement on each side. Why do you think springs are missing from your car?

(o {} o)

Post Script: There are coil springs for the trunk lid. Could these be the ones missing from your car?

Edited by John_Lawrence
add statement (see edit history)

When I bought the car the rumble seat lid was loose and sitting in place. There appeared to be seats tucked under the front of the compartment but it turned out to be a folding seat like you would find in a school bus, so it looks like all of the seating components are missing and I need to locate the correct seat. Thanks for any help. It is a great car. It had been in storage for 44 years in Maryland.

David, there are rumble seat springs? Where do they go? Any help appreciated. Happy New Year!

(o {} o)

I believe David was talking about the cushion springs that fit on the rumble seat lid and not a spring loaded rumble seat lid.