Reatta.net - Is it dying ?

Guest smith356

Tom Jenkins is the owner of that site and he was a Reatta owner at one time. The site contains lots of early information and in emails with Tom, he said he would update anything that people sent him....... because he is no longer an active Reatta owner, he is not actively looking for new information.

I send him updates of the Reatta database every couple of months and he promptly refreshes the database.... he has not indicated to me that the site would close.

Guest wally888

Tom dedicated 100's of hours, was excellent to work with!

Thanks where ever you are and Merry Christmas!

Tom Jenkins is the owner of that site and he was a Reatta owner at one time. The site contains lots of early information and in emails with Tom, he said he would update anything that people sent him....... because he is no longer an active Reatta owner, he is not actively looking for new information.

I send him updates of the Reatta database every couple of months and he promptly refreshes the database.... he has not indicated to me that the site would close.

Thanks Wally...

Glad to be of some small service to the folks here...

Yes, since 22 June 2000, the reatta.net site has aged, and still has static info (FAQ etc), but again, the focus was to initially provide a long-term repository for the database, and FSM's etc.

The current reatta.net is only updated occasionally (database etc), but the good news is that other sites around the world now have an opportunity to contribute in their own unique way toward this one-of-a-kind car.

Regarding ownership, although I did voluntarily "give up" the '90 coupe, I often look for it on the 'net and would probably buy it back if it came my way :)

--Tom