please help identify this olds

Guest boyesreef

Guest boyesreef

im trying to find the owner, but are these thinks worth trying to fix up? if i can find the owner im going to try to resque it. i understand this car hasnt moved since 1997.

1967 Cutlass, I think it was called Sports Coupe. (intermediate series)

Doug,

You might want to look closer at those name badges. I think it's an F-85. Wheel opening moldings must have been optional on them, as this one has them, but the sales brochure shows it without them.

Paul

so does that make this a rare car? is there any benifits to it being an f85?

While there were certainly fewer F-85s and Sport Coupes built than Cultii and Holiday Coupes, "rare" does not necessarily equal "valuable". The F-85 was the bottom of the Cutlass line. These cars were rare when new because they were the low-rent loss leader. Frankly, from what I can see in the pictures, you can buy a complete running version of one for less than what you will pay to get this one on the road.

I would suggest that you use Ebay's "Advanced Search" function and search for completed auctions of 1967 F85s and Cutlasses. You'll get an idea of what one is worth (be sure the auction actually met reserve and closed, however). I just checked, and within the last 30 days there were ten 67 F85s or Cutlasses that completed auctions on Ebay. Of the ten, exactly one actually sold, and that was a totally completed and running flattop wagon for $6,000. This car had custom paint, custom interior, and aftermarket wheels and looked to be very nicely done. I would venture to guess that even if you did every bit of the work yourself, you would spend well over that much to get the car above into presentable, drivable condition - even assuming you get the car for free. The fact that you can't find the owner likely means you will have trouble getting a clear title also.