...Hello, I need info about a Willys Overland model!!!!...

Guest mipr27

Hello everyone! My name is Mijail and I am sending you this message from Spain. I would like to ask you some questions about a vehicle model which a friend of mine owns. He bought a dismantled Willys Overland some time ago, though we are not sure about the exact year the car was made (it must have been either 1929 or 1930). He wants to restore it, he therefore needs to know which exact model it is. He thinks it might be model 66 or 99. There are a couple of features which may help to identify the model: for instance, the inner structure of the roof is made of wood; its spare wheel is placed on the back and the spokes are metallic. Given these features, can you tell which model the car is? Do you have any catalogs, pictures or books related to the model? In case you don't have any information about it, do you know anyone or any company that could provide us with some? Thanks in advance!

Willys Overland ended in 1926 and then became Whippet. You may have some other Willys model. Model 66 could be a 1929 Willys Knight (sleeve valve engine). Serial number? Serial number should be on a plate on the frame. The wire wheels were probably and option. 4 or 6 cylinder engine?

There are a couple of features which may help to identify the model: for instance, the inner structure of the roof is made of wood; its spare wheel is placed on the back and the spokes are metallic.

You just described almost every car made between 1920 and 1935. Can you provide any pictures?