1929 Buicks

Guest kevin

Just wanted to drop a note and encourage the early Buick folks to see the 1929buick.com site. It is back up and functional.

The site is being added to every week and there are now over 4000 scanned documents and/or photos online.

Many very rare and never seen 1929 pieces.

For those who dont have a Silver Anniversary Buick, we have other manuals and historical pieces that will be scanned. We have items for each year from 1904 - 1932.

We are also working on a paint chip database. There are chips from the 10s, all the way through 1935. Mostly Buick for 1929-35, but we have others for Buick earlier, and also MANY for other makes during the same periods.

Thanks for looking.

Kevin: I am interested in your color chip database. Are you using original paint chip charts? I have some 1932 charts, but the paint has discolored so much that they can't be used for color match. Most of the chips appear to have gotten much darker with age.

I keep looking for some early mixing charts so colors could be prepared from base colors to get more correct matches.

Any help on 1932 color matches would be appreciated.

Bob

The database as I envision it will allow to search by name or number. But that is still in the works. I have many of the sheets scanned.

Here is the link to the dupont Buick sheets 1928-1932

www.1929buick.com Photos :: Dupont Color Chips - 1929 - 1935

Here is the link to Glidden Buick sheets 1931-1932

www.1929buick.com Photos :: Glidden Paint Chips 1931-1932

Here is a rough, not well formatted list of some of the chips....

http://1929buick.com/articles/index.html?id=00002

I will have to scan the Sewall and Acme ones if you need.

Let me know specifically which color(s) you are targeting.

Kevin

Edited by kevin (see edit history)

Kevin - my eyesight isn't so good. I was looking at the Ditz-Lac Intermix stuff and the Dupont numbers for Ledo Green and Boise Green. I did the best I could, but I'm not certain I got all the numbers right. If you are able to read them, would you be able to fire me the info (or post here)?

I thought I had something here, but I can't locate anything in this messy room.

Thanks.

Kevin,

For a couple of months now, I have been unable to log in to the website. My user name is cooterbfd. It says it can't find username cooterbfd. When I click on "forgot password" it sends the password to my email, saying my user name is cooterbfd. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

• 5 months later...
Guest Stephen Carnell

Hey Guys

I have a 28-26 coupe, and was just wondering where to find paint codes for interior and exterior.

Thanks

Stephen