O/D kickdown switch installation

Guest 41_packard

Guest 41_packard

I'm installing an R-11 O/D tranny in my '41 Clipper. I've got or am getting all the necessary electrical switches for the unit, but I am unsure how the kickdown switch is to be installed onto the throttle. Where, to what and how does it attach?

If anyone has a similar system on their car, I would appreciate some instructions and a photo of how this doo-dad performs its function.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Guest 41_packard

I was just reading that this switch mounts under the gas pedal somewhere so when floored, there is a disconnection of the unit. So should it be near the top of the pedal?

I installed an R11 OD system on my 38 coupe. I didn't bother with the "stock" type kick down switch. I simply wired the governor wire to an on-off-momentary switch under the dash. When I want to get out of OD I flip the switch to off and I have the momentary part grounding the dist., been working fine all this season.

Guest 41_packard

It appears that the shifting linkage for this R-11 was different from my old unit. I can tell because the shift levers were left on the tranny splined shafts. when it was removed. I plan to just connect the old linkage (levers, etc) to the new unit's splined shafts. Will there be any problems dong this??

• 4 weeks later...