1963 Electra 2 door sport Coupe Auction. Fair Price?

Guest BJM

BJM, my sense is that this car is going very cheaply given its overall quality.

This may be a case where the collector car market fails to make sense. If this were a '63 Impala hardtop in equivalent condition, I suspect that the bids would be significantly greater. Here we have a car that is, in my view, vastly more desirable but attracts less attention in the marketplace.

I only wish that I could be the guy to bring this beauty home.

That car is a steal for $8100. Has that oft talked about 'patina' of originality and is highly optioned. It blows me away how they kept the window sticker and for me - the presentation was awesome.

The 63-64 Electra sport coupe follows a trend by Oldsmobile, Buick and Pontiac to extend the appeal of the flagship cars (Grand Prix / Starfire / Riviera) to the normallines and in this case it is well executed.

I always look for these "sport coupes" whenever possible on ebay and CL.

Owner has been trying to sell this car off and on for well over a year. Seems to me the first place I saw it advertised was on the Buicks.net website, which, no offense to the website as I look at it all the time, probably wasn't the best place to start. I think the original asking price was somewhere in the $12K range. It certainly looked to be a pretty decent car overall and the bucket seat interior, tu-tone paint and cruise control were definitely seldom seen options. Never did understand why it didn't sell as seller did a great job of presenting the car as has been mentioned earlier. As Centurion noted, these cars are way under appreciated, even within the Buick community. The Wildcat gets all the attention because of the performance aspect, but the Electra 225 doesn't give up much in the way of performance despite it's larger size. In my opinion, the Electra is about as elegant and classy looking of a car as you can get. Whenever we had ours out for a drive, people would stop and stare or do a double take when we drove by. Someone got a very good deal on a pretty nice car

Tom,

With all due respect to Wildcat owners (I have owned a 64 Wildcat and looked to purchase a 63 Wildcat recently) the rear quarters and tail section / bumpers integration on the 63-64 Electra is very nice and in fact set a styling motif that went through to the 80's - the squared off rear fender and smooth transition into the bumper ends.

Thanks for your information. I think $12,000 is still fair for this car.

Guest my3buicks

I have to agree that this is a beautiful car and very well equipped. But did everyone miss the rust issues on the picture of the front fender and door? If it's on that side, is the other side far behind? Once you start getting into rust repair and paint, the price of this car could go up quickly for a new owner. Still, she sure is a beauty.