Teeves - Prior Manufacturing Information

Roadster90

Prior no longer is a source for rebuilt Teeves units. Glenn at Prior advised me today that all of their inventory was sold some time ago to a company with a name of "SIA" Tele 1.800. 737.0915 Owner is Scott at extention 100. Glen from Prior had nothing but good to say about Scott and his company. SIA also is an electronics firm, and may have the capability to repair electronic dashes and such - such as our IPC's maybe. I am awaiting a call from Scott to find out exactly what their capabilities are.

Nic

Edited by nic walker
spelling error (see edit history)

Hi Nic

Good find SIA Electronics has been around for quite a while and I have used them in the past for an ECM that was giving me fits on ol Booreatta. They need a core but from what I remember they reman lots of stuff that we can use and it is a good company to keep in your address. I think that they still repair or reman MAF sensors and fuel injectors.

I would like to know if any one here has used them lately.

Barney,

Chuck's 2007 information above is the same as what Glen at Prior gave me the other day. Glen told me that the sale of Prior's inventory to SIA was just several months ago. I phoned the owner to ask questions, however it was late in the day and the owner (Scott @ extention 100) was not available and has not returned my call. You might want to try to contact him....same phone # as above.

Nic

Are two similar systems that were used by GM, the Teeves and the PowerMaster. Both use accumulators and electric motors just the PowerMaster was much lower pressure and did not have ABS so nothing interchanges.

Just leftovers from GM's decision to abandon diesel passenger car engines. In retrospect, dumb decisions like that twenty years ago may have led to the collapse.

I contacted SIA and talked with the owner Scott.

He is sending me an email with information on their pricing. He indicated they had been in business for over 20 years and also repair Engine Control Modules, Body Control Modules and the Teves ABS controller module.

They DO NOT repair instrument panels, CRT's, tape decks, CD players or radios.

They can supply COMPONENTS for the Teves system....ie Accumulators, pressure switches, pump/motor assemblies, etc.

Hopefully I will get the email soon and will pass on to you his pricing.......he said he would be cheaper than Prior.

Scott, the owner of SIA, sent an email today with pricing....... $575 for the complete unit (about $200 less than Prior) $305 for the pump. He said they would also sell accumulators and pressure switches, but did not give me a price.