THE WINNER IS.....

The winner for this year's drawing on the Prowler is:

AACA MEMBERS...

JIM & CRISTY SMITH

CATONSVILLE, MD

CONGRATULATIONS! TO SAY THAT JIM WAS EXCITED ON SATURDAY IS A HUGE MISUNDERSTATEMENT!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS-Former raffle winner Art Griffin sold the ticket! WOW...he must be a lucky charm. Art, let's head to Vegas fast!

Guest Bookreader

To all who bought a raffle ticket and think they did not win----Well, you did!!!!

You each supported the three organizations of our wonderful AACA.

We know that there is no hobby quite like ours. It does need the support of each of us.

Last week I witnessed this support; people worked in so many ways all over the fields. The headquarters staff were indispensible with their time and physical effort, the volunteers in the membership booths, the committees in action in so many places and the Library tent workers, both committee members and volunteer friends of the AACA Library,the Saturday judges and of course the car owners who shared their vehicles with all that day.

What a week! We had wind, sun, rain and clouds but best of all we had smiles and friendships. So good news for one winner but great news for all of us in this hobby.

And just a note--- I sold Art the ticket when he won and it was Brenda's ticket that I sold to him. So therefore in a convulated way; the touch was there on that ticket. LOL

Susan, think again. Art's friends, Jim and Christy, rides home in a new fancy Prowler with a big smile on their faces. :D

Wayne rides home in a beat up pickup. :(

What's wrong with this picture?:)

Wayne

Think about this, where would you haul parts and your camera in that Prowler?

Bill didn't want me to win it anyway. He says that we don't have a place to park it. :rolleyes:

The greatest luck there is is to know Fran (AKA Bookreader). I'll take that over a car any day.

And she is right, the AACA is the real winner with all the support from everyone. Without them, we are just a bunch of crazy people with old vehicles. :D

Guest Art Griffin

Hey Folks,

Don't forget. When I won the new Pontiac Solstice convertible in 2006, I had bought my ticket from Fran Shore! Although I was glad that this year's winner bought his ticket from me, don't sell Fran short. She does a great job for the club, and she sells lots of tickets.

And also, everybody who bought tickets (I bought one, too) is supporting our club and its fantastic Museum and its super Library and Research Center. Thanks to all of the ticket buyers!

Art Griffin

Not faulting Fran at all guys, just picking on her. In fact I gave her a holler, so she could defend herself.;)

Fran and I go back a ways, and she's right. Everyone that attended this year were winners. Also as Terry said earlier, can't wait till next year.

Wayne

We all know you are just busting her. It's what friends do. :P

Guest Art Griffin

As I was standing there next to the ticket container after the winning ticket was drawn, I really enjoyed meeting the winner, James Smith, and his father-in-law. Jim kept trying to make sure he wasn't dreaming and that he was actually the winner.

James, if you visit the AACA Forum, be sure to send West Peterson, AACA Antique Automobile magazine editor, a picture of you and Cristy and that Prowler to be published along with a little article.

Art Griffin