Still need radio help

Guest sconnors

Guest sconnors

Still having some problems with the Sonomatic radio on my 1950 Buick. So far I've replaced the vibrator and the OZ4 tube, blew out the inside with canned air, checked the antenna connection (yes it's fully extended). When I turn the radio on, it comes on but all I'm getting is a stuttering noise. I've also tried adjusting the antenna trim and still nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Scott

If you have a separate speaker, try hooking it up to the radio and see if that helps. Also, remember, there are only two or three AM radio stations around here that are powerful enough for the radio to capture.

Still having some problems with the Sonomatic radio on my 1950 Buick. So far I've replaced the vibrator and the OZ4 tube, blew out the inside with canned air, checked the antenna connection (yes it's fully extended). When I turn the radio on, it comes on but all I'm getting is a stuttering noise. I've also tried adjusting the antenna trim and still nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Scott

Scott

Test the other tubes or swap with known good tubes; there is good chance that the capacitors are bad. Probably need to send to pros like Alan Kriss.

Willie

If you want to have me look at the radio and give you a quote I would be more than willing to get it up and running. I am currently working on a 54 Chrysler radio from one of the HAMBERS. I am reasonable as far as price. PM me if interested. Usually $50-100 to fix them up.