1956 Buick special

Guest sledhead

Guest sledhead

I converted to disc front brake 2 years agoScarebird kit.. Problem front brake drag. I have replaced the corvette style master with new one, readjusted the pedal ratio so I have 4 to1 , combination valve seems ok and change brake fluid to DOT 4 higher boling point.When car is cold or has not been driven brakes work great at first as brakes and car heats up they start to drag and heat up. I have reset the air gap between the master and booster no change . I am looking for some advise as to what to look for now. My master is firewall mounted.??????????????????????????????:mad:

How are the rubber brake hoses? We once had brakes hanging up on a Dodge pick up truck. The rubber line to the differential was internally blocked. By visual inspection it looked fine. The flow was restricted inside where you have no way of looking.

I would also question the proportioning valve. When you say it was converted to disc just how much did the kit include?

Guest cigarsmoker

When the brakes start to drag try opening up a bleeder screw if you get pressure with no pressure on the pedal it's a hydraulic problem. I have seen this on front disc brakes caused by collapsed rubber brake hoses. It acts like a check valve it allows fluid to the caliper when you press the pedal it just doesn't allow it to return to the master cylinder.

Guest usedcar129

The front brakes in your car can be heat when you apply food brake, but when you see over heat on front brakes it can be front wheel cylinders remaining also bads constant tauch brake disc. Brake master cylinder can be a cause of this problem.