1937 fargo

Guest perryenslin

Guest perryenslin

Hi Guys

I am fairly new at restoration of vintage vehicles , but a quick learner!

My newest project is a 1937 Fargo hearse that I required through my father in law. I have changed the ignition and electrical from 6 to 12 volt and refurbished the original fuel pump to 100% working condition.

ONE small problem!!!! I have no idea how to open the headlights so that i can relace the bulbs !!!! can anyone help . I am including a picture of the vehicle . Can anyone help with info on this vehicle as I would like to know more about its history?:D

Guest perryenslin

I will try sending the photo.

I have no idea if its on a different platform but most of the parts has clear markings of Chrysler!

Guest elmo39

keiser is right thet were basicaly doge, they were built in canada mainly for export , there were a lot of them that came to NZ, right throught to the mid to late sixtys, mechanicaly most parts interchanged with the dodge.any way heres the procedure to replace the bulb .loosen the screw at the bottom of the headlight body using the lens removing tool (which is a suction tool about the same as a drain cleaner ,sink cleaner )press inward at the bottom of the lense causing it to come out at the top of the body and withdraw it upwards and out of the body . after replacing the bulb enter the lens at the bottom , lining up the locator with the locating notch in the body , slide the lens toward the bottom of the body untill the lens clears the body opening . press inward at the top of the lens , hold the lens in place , tighten the the lens retainor screw

Guest perryenslin

Curti

I figured that its the way it should work.It was confirmed with the info I received.

This seemed easier said than done , I removed the screw at the bottom of the bucket but the lens itself only moved about 4 mm.Without risking damaging the lens without to much force I opted to make sure that this would be the correct way of replacing the bulbs. Finding a replacement lens anywhere in South-Africa would be a tremendous task!!!

Thanks for the info . Some lubricant and persuasion might do the trick!