Not a fan of Teeves and ABS?

D-a-n-i-e-l

Pull the brake system out of a 87' Riv. This should be a great replacement for those who do not want to deal with the Teeves and Do not care for ABS.

Hope it helps some one. Also keep in mind yo may want to make new rear linse for this, as the Riv brake lines are about 6 inches longer.

I did the 91' upgrade to include all the ABS, it is not a hard project. Without having to deal with the wiring of the ABS it should not be too difficult.

The only two things I had too modify were the length of the rear lines and add a bit to the brake pedal plate (the one for the brake/Cruise switch).

I am sure there will be some small issue, but nothing too hard to over come with a backyard mech tool set.

Daniel,

Did you ever resolve the issue with the brake and anti-lock indicators from this conversion? I remember your post on this from some time back and you couldn't get the IPC indicators to function correctly at the time.

Would like to know if you ever got it 100% functional, as swapping in the Bosch ABS would be my preferred solution for if/when I get an 88.

KDirk

Guest THEHKP7M13

Not getting to far off subject, but back when I turned a wrench the term "hydroboost" was always used with some sort of explicit in front of it. So am I to assume the hydroboost was the slang term for TEVES?

Daniel,

Did you ever resolve the issue with the brake and anti-lock indicators from this conversion? I remember your post on this from some time back and you couldn't get the IPC indicators to function correctly at the time.

Would like to know if you ever got it 100% functional, as swapping in the Bosch ABS would be my preferred solution for if/when I get an 88.

KDirk

I did get the Brake light to work, but not the ABS. I did not spend too much time to the issue, as the rest of the system works great. I will give the ABS light an other shot when I get in to the E&C and othe com buses. This will happen when I get a Oscope. (probably in a year or so)