Its rare ????????

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Last night I went to one of the largest cruises in the area. They were holding a Buick, Olds , Caddy night with any of these makes of cars parked together in a special area. So naturally there were a lot of Buicks parked close to mine. One gentleman had a gorgeous 67 Skylark. My wife and I started talking to him, he seemed to know much about 67 Skylarks, and naturally my wife started showing pictures of hers. He looked at the pictures for a minute and said to her "You know you have a really rare car here. There are not a lot of 67 post Skylarks out there. She told me afterwards that this wasnt the first time she had heard that. So today at our chapter picnic another one of our chapter members who is from way out of town and doesnt get to a whole lot of chapter functions noticed her car. And he said that he had worked at a Buick dealership during the 66-67 model years and in that time he had NEVER seen a Skylark that wasnt a hard top and that her 67 Skylark post was indeed a very rare car. Now we are not sure what we have here.

!967 Skylark custom 2dr post sedan

300 2 brl powerglide

Turqouise

white painted roof

AM radio

A/C

Clock

power steering

power drum brakes

remote control drivers mirror

Factory floor mats

Buick Rallye wheels (Not sure if they are original or not

No evidence of fender skirts, however the car was redone some time in the past so they may have been removed then.

Original front fenders were replaced and the ports behind the wheels were never put back on.

The white paint on the roof is original but the base color has been redone at least once before .

Is this Skylark as rare as we are being told ?

Buick people I need your help

Dan

post-31117-143138094954_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094959_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094963_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094967_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094971_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094974_thumb.jpg

post-31117-143138094977_thumb.jpg

Dan,

The one photo I assume of your bride makes this look like a hardtop. I see the chrome window frames - then you have the one photo of the interior which is not affirmative because I see no post but the angle may not include it.

Are you saying there is a fixed B pillar behind the shromed window frames?

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Yes there is a frame between the front and rear windows behind the chrome. I know these arent very good pictures and I will try to put some better ones up. Thanks.

Hi Dan,

My Standard Catalog of Buick book is at our other property (brought it with us to Colorado and it hasn't made it back to the house yet) so I'm not very helpful for at least a day or two, but if you post the style number from the data plate, someone should be able to get you production numbers of that style relative to other Skylarks.

OK 75 years of Buick says about the 1967 Skylark

"The Skylark 2 door coupe continued to be a pillared version of the hardtop model. This year it was avaiable in both plain or in the new GS400 sub-series, as shown here. This was the only year that this style woudl be avaiable in the GS form. In plain trim, it was Model 44607, which cost $2956 snd weighed 3,439 pounds. In plain for it useds the 340 cubic-inch, 220 horsepower engine."

PAge 312 75 years of Buick.

I think there is a typo in this however. In plain form I belive it was model numer 44407 at$2735 and 3,229 lbs and in GS form 44607.

There was a production of 3,165 of the 44407 2 dr coupes and 1014 in the GS400 version.

There was also a 2dr coupe V-6 44307 of which 894 were made.

hope this helps.

Guest my3buicks

Dan the figures above are correct, 894 for the 4307 and 3165 for the 4407 - base engine was the V6 with the 300 and 340 as optional. The Skylark post was the base price Skylark. You mostly see them as very stripped cars( have seen several of these with the v6 and a stick and the dogdish hubcaps), yours having a very nice list of goodies on it was a little uncommon for the Skylark post cars. The full list of options available throughout the Slylark line was available on the Skylark post as well. Fender skirts would have been standard on your car. The wheels on your car do not appear to be the correct ones for 67, although it certainly could have been ordered with them from new, although probably an uncommon option on the base Skylark. Chances of sitting beside another one even a Buick show is somewhat slim, more collectable or valuable because of the production numbers, no - but the fun of having one that is a little unique is worth a million.:D

From The Standard Catalog of Buick.....

Series_ Body /Style number_ Body Type &Seating _ Factory price _Shipping Weight _Production total

44400____ 44407 __________ 2-dr cpe-6p _______$2,735_______3,229_____3,165

44400____44417___________ 2-dr HT Cpe 6p_____$2,798_______3199_____40,940

Series 44307

44300____44307____________2-dr Cpe 6p_______$2,665________3,137______894

Wow....that's Rare. Neat.... and not all were shipped with an 8......:D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave
Added more info... (see edit history)

Guest Dans 77 Limited

Thanks guys. My wife now has a better idea about the car and hopefully this will be what she needs to get her into really trying to finish the Skylark. Tried to find some pics that showed the post a little better and had no luck. Now what else is weird about this car is its a 4307 , which should be a 6 cylinder. But from what Ive heard from other sources, you could get a 4307 with the 300 under certain conditions. Maybe it has the 300 because of the A/C. By all indications the 300 that is in it now appears to be the engine it was born with. Thanks again , Sandy thanks you too.

Guest my3buicks

Dan, that is perfectly correct that it could have the 8 in the 4307 - my Special Deluxe is the same way, it is a 3517 which is the Special Deluxw V6, but has the optional 300. My Grandad ordered it that way. Check the Vin on the firewall and the vin on the inside of the driver door, I bet there is a difference between the 2.