'65 Trunk Lock/Latch

Guest Lowrider70

Guest Lowrider70

Has anyone got a multi-coloured (Red, White and Blue), 'Tri-Shield' trunk lock and latch assembly for my '65 Riv? Or know where I can get one from??

Guest ejc65

I have one it doesnt have the best color but it is driver condition. I bought a NOS one for $375.00 for my restoration(ouch)

Guest Lowrider70
I have one it doesnt have the best color but it is driver condition. I bought a NOS one for $375.00 for my restoration(ouch)

Ok, maybe you could send me a couple of photos of the one you have? But where did you manage to get your hands on the NOS one??

I have two NOS tri-shield covers. One for my current car and one for my next. I paid $200 each over 10 years ago. I may have a nice used, but it would have no key.

If you want a something close to NOS, you may want to try emblemagic, they can make a repro tri-shield insert if you have a core. I've seen their work and it's top notch. That's what I would do if I didn't have NOS. Here's what NOS looks like:

post-52936-143138094541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Patrick91914 (see edit history)

Guest Lowrider70
I have two NOS tri-shield covers. One for my current car and one for my next. I paid $200 each over 10 years ago. I may have a nice used, but it would have no key.

If you want a something close to NOS, you may want to try emblemagic, they can make a repro tri-shield insert if you have a core. I've seen their work and it's top notch. That's what I would do if I didn't have NOS. Here's what NOS looks like:

Ok Patrick, I can see they still fetch top money... even from 10 years ago! Ive already contacted Emblemagic and, they said they do not reproduce enameled or cloisonne emblems - but I would only need the actual insert...

...and I pressume the insert is only made of plastic?? Anyway, Ive emailed them again and pointed out, that Im really only interested in the 'Tri-Shield' insert itself. So I still waiting to hear back. By the way, where did you get your NOS items from? And I would be interested in your used one...

...any chance of a couple of pics?? Thanks.

Edited by Lowrider70 (see edit history)

Guest Lowrider70
If you are an ROA member there's an article in an early magazine written by Ray Knott detailing refurbishing your own. Here's a pic of one I did myself.

Nice job done of your self-refurbed item! Yes I am an ROA member...

...and which edition of the Review are you talking about? As I may be able to order a back copy of it. Also, if you dont mind, you can PM me your home methods! Thanks. :)

Ok Patrick, I can see they still fetch top money... even from 10 years ago! Ive already contacted Emblemagic and, they said they do not reproduce enameled or cloisonne emblems - but I would only need the actual insert...

...and I pressume the insert is only made of plastic?? Anyway, Ive emailed them again and pointed out, that Im really only interested in the 'Tri-Shield' insert itself. So I still waiting to hear back. By the way, where did you get your NOS items from? And I would be interested in your used one...

...any chance of a couple of pics?? Thanks.

I'll dig through my box of trunk locks. Emblemagic is the way to go. Expect to pay about $250 for one insert. To me, that is most of the car's most important details to get perfect.

In a nutshell, scrape out the old paint from the backside of the plastic (it's removed by wedging back on the tabs, which are revealed after undoing the rivet/s..(it's been a whil) Our librarian will know exactly which article we're talking about I'm sure! Hey Tom??!

Guest Lowrider70
I'll dig through my box of trunk locks. Emblemagic is the way to go. Expect to pay about $250 for one insert. To me, that is most of the car's most important details to get perfect.

Alright, thanks Pat... I just wanna keep my options open here and see what routes are available to me. And yes, its all those minor details which finish a car off... the icing on the cake as they say! Ok, I'll be watching this space to see what you've got. :)

Guest Lowrider70
In a nutshell, scrape out the old paint from the backside of the plastic (it's removed by wedging back on the tabs, which are revealed after undoing the rivet/s..(it's been a whil) Our librarian will know exactly which article we're talking about I'm sure! Hey Tom??!

Well if our resident librarian Tom would kindly like to point out the article or magazine issue in question, then I would most appreciate it... thanks! :)

Lowrider70 (name withheld???)

Now that you've joined the ROA, one of the best weapons you can have for any future questions you may have would be to purchase ($25) the CD that has the first 18 years of the Riview captured on it. It includes about 2,220 articles with an index for them as well as about the same number of pictures.

With that CD and a factory service manual, you'll have answers to any questions you come up with.

Ed

Guest Lowrider70

ED, thanks for your reply...

...my name withheld is it? Something in 'profile settings' that I may have unwittingly done?? Anyway, I can see the CD you're refering to, pictured near the back of the Review, along with other ROA merchandise. But where can I find a Factory Service Manual from? Maybe an Owner's Manual too? And is payment for items only through 'snail mail', or is there an option where you can pay online? Thanks.

Ned.

Ned,

There are vendors in the Riview classifieds who can sell you a chassis manual or they appear on ebay every so often. I know that you can pay for membership in the ROA with PayPal but I don't know about the other ROA stuff for sale. Perhaps one of the board members will read this and respond.

Ed

Guest Lowrider70
Ned,

There are vendors in the Riview classifieds who can sell you a chassis manual or they appear on ebay every so often. I know that you can pay for membership in the ROA with PayPal but I don't know about the other ROA stuff for sale. Perhaps one of the board members will read this and respond.

Ed

Ed,

You're a Senior Member with 3 years in with the ROA... I thought you would have known! Lol. Did you buy the Review CD, or anything else... and how did you pay? Well anyway, I cannot see anywhere in the Review where there's the option of purchasing ROA merchandise over the net... unless someone else knows differently??

However, I will take another closer look and thanks all the same.

Ned.

Guest Lowrider70
NOS Trunk Lid Ornament Flipper NOS

1965 Riviera

Excellent NOS Chrome & TriShield.

Someone broke off the tiny tip on the back. Can still be used for parts.

$250

GT Rfd, Ill.

BCA # 11974

Thanks for your reply and photos my friend, but what tiny tip on the back are you refering to? As I cannot see from these photos. And do you not have the complete lock assembly to go with the flipper??

Ned.

I looked at the ROA website and didn't see any listing for the ROA items nor did I see a way to pay for those items via PayPal. That page in the Riview mentions only Check, MO, or credit card. I imagine not offering PayPal is a way to save fees.

I don't have the CD; but I do have the complete collection of every Riview. (It's actually 24 years in the ROA, 3 years on the AACA forum.) I have the printed index, it used to be the 7th issue of the Riview, from the last year it was published and it pretty well covers everything. If you're not aware of it, the ROA originally started out as an oranization for '63 - '65 owners only - I still have one of the original 63-65 window stickers in my '63. Lots of info on those cars was published in the early years.

There are '65s listed in the classified section of the Riview for parts; have you contacted any of those sellers yet? Lots of guys sell stuff who don't participate in these forums.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Guest Lowrider70

Pardon me Ed... you're a very long-standing ROA member! I just looked in the left hand column, where brief user details are and commented without thinking...

...that although someone is registered on a forum, this may not be a true indication of the validity of their club/association membership - or for the length of time as a member.

And yes, I would of thought that from the birth of the ROA, it was an organisation purely for '63-'65 owners... they were afterall, the first generation Rivs!

I'd like to obtain as much info on my year of car as I can. And if I purchase that CD, then Im hoping it will save me trying to source all of those early issues! Yes, I have already been in contact with a few of those guys who advertise in the back of the Review. And I am slowly finding bits and pieces that I need! :)

Ned.

Edited by Lowrider70 (see edit history)