Simplex Archival material

memaerobilia

I have a small amount of original Simplex Automobile Company achives. Everything from name & address lists and amounts of stock owned by all officers and shareholders, to orignal large fold-out, blueprint map of Simplex factory, VERY detailed multi-page accounting folders of production, per month, cars on hand/unsold, lists of ALL assets and liabilities,values of equipment, drawings, parts, cars, Major Company decisions and contracts; numerous signed, sealed, notarized documents by major officers, Presidents Edwin Hagar (1916)and Henry Lockhart Jr. (1913) David Goodrich, C.T. Harbourg and others from 1913-1917, and detailing of 3 million in loans from the Wright Comapny and Wright-Martin Co; and more, etc. Would like to hear from Simplex historians. I don't beleve any of this material has been available to historians since they were filed away, as originals.

• 1 year later...
Guest JR Cars

I just stumbled across this older post, and am curious if you had any reponse? We have a Simplex from the period you mention, and it would be interesting to get some insight of your documents.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bill Bell

Hello,

I think I contacted you about a 12/1/2010 about your Simplex materal and so far have hsd no reply. [i say think because I'm new to this AACA site and find it quite confusing.]

I'm a Simplex historian for over fifteen years and am most interested in your collection of Simplex stuff.

Please either email me or send your phone number so that we may discuss in detail what you have. If you no longer have this collection please advise where it probably is now.

Please answer.

Thank you,

Bill Bell

belsimplex@hotmail.com

315-673-3605

:o:o:o

Geez, Im Sorry fellas. I've been swamped with two bouts of week -long guests, since before Thanksgiving, and then had to catch up on a whole bunch of magazine work (aviation...) I did not put a"Watch" on this thread, either & will try to do so, when I get this post off. I DID get one (Simplex info request) email a week or so back, from one of you, right in the middle of the guests, and that response fell in the "to do" pile , which promptly got buried.

Will definitely get a more detailed response, with description of what I have, in next week, if possible. I DID keep looking back at this post when I first posted it, but that was a LONG time ago. Meanwhile, some of you may enjoy looking at some vintage racing autos and other stuff to enjoy on my website:

And I just found one file with Alec Ulmann's photo files on Jimmy Murphy, and another of his with a big batch of Harry Miller racing photos..www.memaerobilia.com

I have finished making a list with detailed descriptions of my original Simplex Automobile Co. documents. (1913, 1914, 1916 and 1917). It is too long to post here. Will gladly send the description list to any.one who emails me for it.

While making the list I also came across (no specific list, yet)

a few shelves of rare early auto lit, tech periodicals for pre-WWI and WWI automobiles from Alec Ulmann and another French collection I obtained. French, US, British, German etc. back to 1898, including Daimler-Steinway USA and 2.5 inch thick Voitures Automobiles" (illust.)from 1898, and "Annuaire General Velocipedie," 1898, Also 2.5 inches thick (amazing illust ads and first motorcycles etc.) Also have some stacks of "La Vie Au Grand Air" filled with photos of with 1900-1908 Auto races, Gordon Bennett, Grand Prixs and Long distance tours, early racing cars of all types, etc

Edited by memaerobilia (see edit history)