For sale-Seldom seen

Don Caithness

1974 Buick Regal. Drives like a new vehicle should. Only 29,823 ORIGINAL MILES!! Arctic white lacquer(Original)paint with a dealer installed black vinyl roof. 350 2V,P.S,P.D.B,P.W,AM-8 track stereo,power trunk release, rally steering wheel,R89S battery(new), rally wheels,air conditioning-blows cold with R134A,twilight sentinel, door edge guards, R.H. mirror. New factory type aluminized dual exhaust with all the correct hangers,3 core radiator, radial tires, pertronix ignition and gas tank.Included are the original G78X14 Uniroyal fast track 1" whitewall tires in like new condition.Although original this vehicle has been extensively detailed to compete (400 point judging) at the BCA National level. Won best of show, BCA Syracuse NY-1998. Will be shown at the 2001 Buffalo meet. $9600(US)<BR> Regal%20door.gif <P><BR><B>Pictures-click below</B><P> <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1208730&a=9642273" TARGET=_blank>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1208730&a=9642273</A> <P>------------------<BR>Don Caithness<BR>Technical Advisor<BR>1967&1974 "A" Body<P> <A HREF="http://appraisals.webjump.com" TARGET=_blank>http://appraisals.webjump.com</A> <BR> collectorcarappraisalservices@attcanada.net <BR><p>[This message has been edited by Don Caithness (edited 11-17-2000).]

I also think it's rude to editorialize about someone's For Sale ad. The response (or lack of it) to an ad will tell the seller if anyone wants the vehicle or not at the asking price. If I were selling a vehicle, the last thing I would want is for someone to post a statement that the car is neither desirable nor collectible. The fact of the matter is that there are many collectors who find these Buicks highly desirable.

Hey 67 GS400....get a grip...I too know that this era Regals are a dime a dozen, but, where do you see most of them....you dont cuz this was the gas crunch era/downsizing era and many were put out to scrap before their time....I am not a lover of these cars by name, BUT, a low mileage original car that hasnt been hacked is a testament to those who do appreciate that they have preserved a piece of our automotive history, like it or not...<BR> Question to all....which would you rather own/drive or look at...a 2000 Regal GS or a 73-6 era one with low miles....I am for the older car hands down....A flashy old car ALWAYS turns heads....wether it be a MOPILE or Ford or another of our GM brethen.<BR> This forum, additionally, is NOT the place to be calling ANYONE of the people who post here about selling a car or parts or tech info any kind of expletive whatsoever period. Enough said....I have had my share of beaters, doesnt mean they didnt survive by the grace of God....it was people who cared enough to take care of them and make sure they wound up in good hands as I hope this Regal does...it deserves it....they may have made a bunch of them, but how many do you see driving around in this condition TODAY....a chevy example...1st gen. Monte Carlo, a Mopar........70-72 coronet or RR....I think Ford was lost by this time....Mustang was already boaty by 1970....<P> By the way....I have a 55 60 series, with the orig. drivetrain....Its almost ready for the road again....Is it any less deserving of TLC than the Regal??? I think not...<P> Remember, When Better Cars Are Built, Buick Built Them....<P> Cheers, don55

Regardless of the collectibility of the Regal, this is a "Buy/Sell" Forum. If you are not interested in what the seller is listing, then don't buy it. No one is forcing you to buy the car. So what is the point in damaging the seller's opportunity to sell the car to someone else by being critical of the car? If you want to discuss the merits of a '74 Regal's collectibility, then do it on the "General Forum".

Guest my3buicks

67GS400, show me where you can find a perfectly detailed and restored 74 Regal that will easily get it's Senior this year at the Nationals for anything less than what he is asking. Also you need to check your facts on collectable Buicks. Yes, the GS's are very collectable, but there are quite a few Buicks out there that are more collectable and worth more. After all 67GS400, a GS is nothing more than a souped up Special. Also with Don being a certified automotive appraiser he should have a good idea what the car might bring to someone that is not as closed minded, rude or obnoxious as you. Your narrow mind might find this hard to comprehend, but there are those of us out there that like cars other than GS's. By the way, please find me a 74 Regal out there that is done to this ones calliber for $3,200 so I can go buy it!<P>------------------<BR>Keith Bleakney BCA# 11475<P>1967 Technical Advisor<P>1 - 1967 (3517) & 1 - 1953 (56R)<p>[This message has been edited by my3buicks (edited 11-19-2000).]

1967GS400 - Dude, why the personal attacks on others here? What is your point, that you are cool? Just chill, and if MoPars are the best, then simply leave this forum go to a MoPar one. Since cars that you deem "worthless" and a "dime a dozen" are not worth anyone's consideration, then does that mean we should all buy and drive 1967 GS 400s? God I hope not, the last car I want is a GS. But this is what makes car shows and seeing old cars in the road cool, we do not all have the same thing.<BR> By the way, I do not understand why you called Buick people "morons", etc. when we are reasonable and do not pay the standard five to ten times the actual value of NOS parts, such as MoPar people.<BR>Matt

1967GS400 - If you can not take some serious flak after insulting a bunch of people, then yes, you need to sell your Buick and move on to where you're lack of class is appreciated. I have five fantastic MoPars, but I sure in the hell would not be so childish and sell them just because others who own MoPars are rude (or morons, jackasses, Shemps, etc.). How dumb. As for the "dude" thing, yep, I am young, and I like it, dude.<BR>Matt<BR>

being a fan of 73-77 a bodies and an original owner of a 73 stg1 4spd with 17k on it, i see a lot of these cars for sale that are in the 4-6k range. am i saying that they are worth or not, maybe, maybe not. it all depends. if 67gs400 knew what something about these cars, i suppose he could talk about them. but i believe thats not the case. 73-77 gm cars went the way of the wind via rusting out early, gas crunch(by junkyard) and a lot were used for roundy-round racers. they were cheap to find. so, whats left, cars that didnt use reclaimed steel and people that parked them. if dan can get the money for it, good. it just makes my 73 worth that much more. btw, 67gs400, they made more of yours than mine, yours should be worth less!!!!

67GS400,<P>In the future, please keep your postings relevant and at least semi-constructive. <P>And as the old saying goes... "if you dont have something nice to say - dont say anything at all."<P>Also, if you plan on being a regular user... REGISTER!<P>Thanks,<P>Peter<P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>peterg@aaca.org<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org" TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org</A> <p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 11-19-2000).]

Wait a second!!!! Don't get mad at me. The post that made the rude comments was not me but "67GS400". My ID is 1967GS400!! Please don't confuse these two ID's. I have been a member since 1983 and certainly did not appreciate the comments that 67GS400 made.

Hey, how come ALL of 67GS400's responses suddenly disappeared from this thread??? They were here this morning, now POOF!!! Must be magic, or guilt, or conscience???<P>I don't even know what a 74 Regal looks like, but any low mileage, original car from that era is worth a premium. Collectable??? All in the eyes of the beholder. Valuable??? All in the eyes of the buyer.<P>Common sense should tell anybody that a low mileage, original 74 Regal is worth more than a high mileage, worn out GS. Oh yeah, just my 2 cents.

I deleted all of the "67GS400" posts as they had no value here.<P>1967GS400... Sorry for mistaking you. Do me a favor, please register. <P>Peter <P>------------------<BR>Peter Gariepy<BR>peterg@aaca.org<BR> <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org" TARGET=_blank>www.aaca.org</A> <p>[This message has been edited by peterg (edited 11-19-2000).]

Ouch, sure are a bunch of harsh statements about GS's. I did not get a chance to see what "67gs400" posted, but it must not have been good.<BR>Just because someone who may own a GS is rude it does not mean that it is because he owns a GS. I like all Buicks, but I do prefer the Gran Sports and like it or not a GS in any condition will be worth more than the same year base model in the same condition. My GS is one of very few that I see at the local shows and cruse nights, so it is not like everyone elses car, it is different (as most Buicks at shows are).<BR>Don't let this guy divide the Buick ranks (GS / non-GS) just because he owns a GS. Save the put downs for the Chevys and Mopars. <P>P.S. Nice car Don, a well preserved car of any year / make is nice to see and possibly own. I look forward to seeing it next year in Buffalo. <P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert

I am really sorry to all!!!! I did not mean to cause any problems and apologize sincerely for any hurt feelings. Please let this be the last of the thread.

Well, I missed the initial postings for this thread, but I get the idea. Apparently I am wasting my time/$ on my latest project. I have a '66 Sportwagon that is getting what some would call a "frame-on" restoration. An idiot am I? So be it. I know I will never recover the $ I am putting into this car, but I do have the satisfaction of knowing that not "everybody" has one.....try finding parts for a wagon! There is no accounting for taste. Stupid me.....if only I had asked!

I had a 67 3 seater Spt wagon....if its such a waste, then why did I make money on my car when I sold it????<BR> Parts are tough to find...I been thru the rear axle brg nightmare....<P><BR> Look at the production numbers of these in 2 and 3 seat form vs. the GS....need I say more...I absolutly loved the compliments I got on my car....Try to find one for starters.....Keep dem wagons rolling..... smile.gif<P> don55

Sport wagons are very cool, wish I owned one.<P>Don55, If low production numbers always translated to higher value I think that most Buicks would be worth more than their Chevy counterparts, but unfortunately it does not work that way. It is supply and demand to a point, but popularity plays a major part on the value of any item. A car or anything for that matter is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. <BR> By buying my GS I got a lot more car for my money than I would have gotten if I had bought a Chevy. And the same would be true for most Buicks (not just GS's)<BR> If I had a chance to purchase a second Buick it would be a '68 or '69 Sportwagon, not because of the production numbers, but because I like that style of car. Yes, they are getting harder to find.<P>GS's (or their owners)are not evil, they just happen to be ONE of the more popular Buicks at this time.<P>My $.02<P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert

Good points...also chevies were spit out at much higher numbers than most of our Buicks for another reason...they were the more plain Jane cars of GM...Buicks a bit more "luxurious"...for their day anyway....Cheap cars are easier to pay for than more expensive cars...More luxury so to speak generally dictates more dough to be laid out as a general rule of thumb....<BR> Today a big thing in the never ending Chevy/Ford vs. the world is since theres a ton of them, parts are cheaper to repop as opposed to any part thats BOP specific....<P> Thanks for the feedback....<P> Anyone here have any idea what a 68 Charger is worth...theres one sitting down the street waiting to be moved to a new home it appears....<P> Drop me a email @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> PS, Buicks are and will always be my first love even though my first car wore a Pentastar <P> don55

Thanks don55 for not taking my comments the wrong way, I was not tring to be condescending. <P>Wildcat65, I agree that popularity is a major part of what dictates the price of anything, but do you think that collectors spend the big bucks for ( as an example, '70 hemi cuda' convertable) because its popular? I think most buy these cars as an investment ( they sure dont buy them to drive them) because they know the demand should stay high because they only made 8 of them. If they made 80,000, do you think the price would be where its at today? confused.gif<P>Enough on this capitalism talk. Back to Buicks (all years and types!). smile.gif<P>Can't wait until the Buffalo 2001 show.<P>------------------<BR>'68 GS400 Convert<p>[This message has been edited by caGSxlr8 (edited 11-29-2000).]

Don55 and others,<BR>If the car doesn't sell before the Buffalo convention it will be shown. Although it's never been shown at a BCA National meet after all this a few people will probably recognize it! <P>------------------<BR>Don Caithness<BR>Technical Advisor<BR>1967&1974 "A" Body<P> <A HREF="http://appraisals.webjump.com" TARGET=_blank>http://appraisals.webjump.com</A> <BR> collectorcarappraisalservices@attcanada.net

caGSxlr8, I agree! More Buicks, less economics. I think my Special Wagon is rare-2868 6p made-definately not in demand, so I put a 455 in it. My first car was a 68 skylark convertible 350. I loved that car! I like Don's car, too...Wish I could make just 1 of mine look that good....<P>------------------<BR>Ted Nagel<BR>65 WildcatConvSuperWcat<BR>65 WildcatAutoSuperWcat<BR>65 Wildcat4spdSuperWcat<BR>65 Riviera Wildcat 445<BR>65 Special Wagon 455<BR>70 GS Stage1 4speed<BR>66 Fleetwood Brougham?