power antenna replacements?

Guest daveagain909

Guest daveagain909

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Has anyone ever tried theis antenna? If so is it any good?</span></span>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370201067629&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNAFP%3AUS%3A1123

BUICK Fully Power Car Antenna Replacement Kit

Brand New Option Racing Automatic Power Antenna kit, it never been tried on or used

Replace your worn or broken factory antenna with this Fully Automatic Power antenna. This High Quality Fully Automatic Power Antenna Kit come with all of the wires connect at the base of the antenna and it includes all the mounting hardware, that's all you need for the replacement, you don't need to buy any more things. It is easy to install and you can save a lot money buying the OEM antenna from the Dealer with same quality.

5 section stainless steel chrome mast extends to 39"

55" Detachable cable

Mounts easily under fender

Complete wiring package included

12 Volt Negative

Part#ORPAC- PAMZ1581

It only fits on

CENTURY (1997-1999)

ELECTRA (1984-1990)

LE SABRE (1984-2001)

PARK AVENUE (1988-2001)

REATTA (1988-1991)

REGAL(1984-2001)

RIVIERA(1983-1999)

ROADMASTER(1991-1996)

SKYHAWK (1988-1989)

I rebuilt my antenna but I can't seem to keep the plastic cable to stay in the end if the antenna. I've tried several types of apoxy. I think I need to change the antenna rod i.e. the top mast, to get a better end to work with. What do you think?

Guest steveskyhawk

The easiest way to fix this problem is to replace the broken one with a good used one.

Guest Richard D

I replaced my power antenna with one from this company,

glgdirect@comcast.net or call 770-781-5658 ask for Gary.

The antenna I received was black anodized (black Reatta)he also has stainless masts, the antennas are made by Hirshmann and come with a no question one year warranty. He also sent the adapter cable that goes from the GM connector to the antenna. The whole thing was less than $60.00 including shipping. Non anodized are less expensive. Took about 5 minutes to install and it runs silently.

Richard,

No, I have not tried this particular power antenna. But I tell you the 79-85 Riviera front fender antenna model is not the same as the 86-93 and 95-99 rear fender models (seller states it fits 83-99 Riv). So, I'd be somewhat hesitant to purchase one from them (IMO).

Guest Richard D

He has antennas for GM, FORD, CHRYSLER and German cars. Just tell him what you have and he will tell you right away if he has what you need. He even called me a week later to make sure I was happy with it.

Guest daveagain909

Barney,Others, I,m not sure what is wrong specifically and it was like this when I bought car from original owner, who stated "it would not go up". Right now it is up and stays up, I can pull the antenna up to full height but can not push the antenna down all the way, it stays up about 6 inches. The original owner had the power up/down function disconnected. but the antenna works as far as getting a signal and getting stations. Where do I begin? I have just started reading the reatta. net information but not sure if I should start by reconnecting the power? see what happens, and go from there?

Guest Richard D

I would reconnect the power and see what it does. On mine the nylon rack gear pulled out of the antenna mast and I tried to epoxy it back but I could never get all the lube off so it would pull out in a day or so. Plus it was very noisey when it ran so when I found GLG Direct I bought a new one with a black mast. And as I said it was very easy to install, comes with specific instructions for your car.

I just went to a u-pick yard with a portable power station and hooked up the car and tried the radio. If it works, buy it...

cost never more then $20.00.

Take them from a mid late '90s Buick Le Sabre/Park Avenue.

Clue never had good luck with an antenna left in the "up" position...