FS - 1948 Willys Station Wagon

Selling an unusual one here...it is a 1948 Willys wagon, but what's different about this one is that it's a foot longer than the standard wagon and has an extra door on the passenger side. Shows 65K miles and is nearly 100% complete. F-head 134 engine does not run but the transmission shifts thru all gears and the 4WD hi-lo works.

The wagon was sold new in PA and was used as a people hauler. It originally was set up for 3 rows of seats and does not have a tail gate. Sort of like a mini-bus!

Has the usual lower body rust, but not as bad as most. Will need some driver side rocker work. Has very minor floor rust at driver's foot, otherwise the floors are very solid. No rust on the frame.

This is a great opportunity to restore what I've been told is a one-off unit. Selling only to fund the engine work needed for my supercharged 1954 Kaiser Manhattan.

Asking $1600 for this rare diamond in the rough. Email directly as I rarely check for PMs...thanks!

Pictures available, but here's one for now:

http://www.kaiserfrazercars.com/48wagonrf.JPG

My second car was a 47 Willys wagon with side opening rear doors (no tailgate). It had a 389 Pontiac V8 hiding under the hood too. This "sleeper" blew away several hot cars in the 70's. But, it still had the original radiator for the flathead 4. So in the summer, if I got stuck for more than one traffic light cycle, it blew out the radiator hoses. I had to keep extra water, hoses, & clamps in the rear (and the weight of the extra water helped keep the rear wheels hooked up too)....

• 1 month later...