Engine Analyzer for V12 Engine

Guest friscozephyr

Guest friscozephyr

Does anyone still make engine analyzers that can be used on six volt systems and a v12.

All the new engine analyzers are only for 12 volt systems and only go up to eight cylinders. Is my only choice to hunt down "vintage" analyzer.

I need an analyzer for basics such of engine RPM, voltage output and maybe dwell.

I'm not sure if they're capable of 6-volt or not, but lately I've seen 2 different "King" branded stand analyzers. One, very very old at a local swap meet, Needed restoration and the guy wanted $175. One I only seen in a photo ad for a local antique mall...virtually new, but also more modern, perhaps from the 50's. Asking price there was $150!

I thought a club member collected these things - I've been trying to find a name in more recent issues of TWOTZ - but no luck.

Anyone with more info and if they're worth it? They would seem to take up some space (2'ft. deep, 3'ft wide, about 4'ft tall) but if they perform well with 6volt applications...who knows. Maybe we all need on in our garage!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Guest friscozephyr

I just bought a so-called "vintage" Peerless analyzer and scope from a shop that is closing (I also bought a gorgeous vintage Snap On tool chest and rolling chest for $300. The analyzer & scope is from the late 1960s. The owner of the shop said he used the analyzer for "classic" cars. This analyzer can be used for six volt systems provided you use an auxiliary 12 volt source (or chain two six volts in series).

The shop owner also said you can use the analyzer for a V12 if you set the analyzer to six cylinders and multiply the reading by two.

I am still hoping to get a true six volt/V12 analyzer someday. I'll check the local swap meets and "collectors" fairs to see what turns up.

The lincoln system is 2 seperate H style 6 bangers. Set points to gap..test dwel and timing to each seperate 6 cylinders ..then synch the 2 like a boat with twins..

I have a couple Heier sets, need restored..pm me.

call "jake fleming" in tx. He is the local guru for your

tuning questions..real swell fella.