another car id

Guest Brian Scott

Guest Brian Scott

Someone sent me this wanting an id but it looks like a forign job to me. The license plates and the large emblem in the car itself told me instantly that I don't have a clue. It looks like a nice car and she sure looks proud of it.

1497208014.jpg

The car in question probably started out life as four door hardtop. A couple clues is the fact Oldsmobile was not building four door convertibles in 1958, and look at the top of the windshield where the sun visors are attached, not a very “professional” looking arrangement. Here is a picture of a 1958 Oldsmobile 88 that is more than likely what this car looked like before someone got creative with the torch.

post-30688-143138070946_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out those door seams! That is a nice piece of work. </div></div>

I believe the door seams are factory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: keiser31</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out those door seams! That is a nice piece of work. </div></div>

I believe the door seams are factory. </div></div>

So you too can cut the roof off a 4 door and brace things so it doesn't sag in the middle? Good for you!