24 Special 6 Center Cap

Guest stude8

I sold the ones I had some time ago but you should be careful when buying one, they also came in 2-3/4" ID - 16 TPI on wood wheel spoke cars up through 1928, looks like the right item but won't fit your hubs.

Stude8

Seaton

I believe I have what you are looking for. It is NOS and measures 2 5/8" across the thread area. It is too small for my 27 Dictator, so I obviously need a 2 3/4" cap. What is the condition of your extra caps?

Terry

PS I am in desperate need of a Remy model 636P distributor. Does anyone out there have one?

Guest stude8

Just for information, I browsed the part catalogs tonight and note the part number for the smaller diam model <span style="font-weight: bold">EQ</span> hubcap (2-5/8" ID) is <span style="font-weight: bold">106751</span> and is called for on 120" wheelbase models.

The larger diam model <span style="font-weight: bold">EW-GB</span> hubcap (2-3/4" ID) is number <span style="font-weight: bold">125175</span>.

These are for wood spoke and steel disc wheel cars, in the case of the large diam caps on <span style="font-weight: bold">GB</span> cars it is interesting that with wire spoke wheels the two front wheels also have as a dust cover for the front spindles a wood spoke car hubcap underneath the wire wheel hub cap!

Stude8