Red rims in 1952?

Erik

Optional wheel color for 1952 was Apache Red for most body color combinations. Apache Red is also listed as a body color so any chip chart for 1952 would show the color. Finding a match from current color chip should be easy, especially for wheels where just a bit of rim shows and the match doesn't have to perfect.......Bob

Guest imported_JPIndusi

Bhigdog:

Do you know if red wheels were an option in 1948? I heard that this was the only year in this era when red was not optional.

Thanks.

Joe, BCA 33493

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Joe:

The 1953 Buick Master parts book (page 25A in color codes) shows Dante Red as the optional wheel color for many years with the SPECIFIC exception of 1948, when it isn't shown, even as a standard with any color code. Based on that factory information, I would say "Not Optional for 1948".

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest imported_JPIndusi

Thanks to all for answering my question. But it seesm kind of strange that only one year the red wheels were not offered.

Joe, BCA 33493

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> it seesm kind of strange that only one year the red wheels were not offered.

</div></div>

I heard that Harley Earle's new wife just hated the color red. One morning she burned the toast and she and Harley got in a terrific fight over it. He was forced to sleep on the couch for over a month. Finally his hormones got the better of him and he pleaded with his wife for some "comfort". She said he would be welcome back into her bed on one condition. "Get rid of those God Damn red wheels". Which he did. But just until his amorous desires waned with time and familiarity. Then the red wheels came back and we've had them ever since.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it..............Bob

Guest imported_JPIndusi

Interesting story! How does anyone explain why the original paint on my spare tire wheel is red?

Joe, BCA 33493

Guest papaw D

I have a 1940 Buick 56s coupe and the wheels are red , but the spare is black. I know this car is all original. I first thought someone painted the wheels red till I found out this was a Buick thing.

post-60539-143138053149_thumb.jpg