No heat

89reattaLNTHREE

when i press the heater on teh crt it just blows from the defrost up by the windshield and its cold. i have had a lot of done on the heating system. I will have to look at records but i know they have flushed my system and found like a gell like build up. They removed all of it bc i think its been flushed maybe 3 times. If i switch to bi level and do low it sometimes gets warm. I dont have my a/c hooked up bc of issues with the compressor earlier this year. I was just curious if anyone has had this type of issue. I know a lot of people have with the a/c so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sounds like two problems - stuck rod and no vaccuum. Latter will result in "always on DEF", usual cause is a dislodged vaccuum line in the engine compartment. Stuck rod from programmer to the diverter valve behind the glove box will cause no heat.

One thing that will cause both is a missing or disconnected "Programmer" module. Any time I hear of "a lot of work being done", I have to wonder if everything was reconnected.

The hose is typically on the driver's side and runs from the octopus on top of the plenium back to the firewall.

The rod is behind the glove box and runs horizontally from the programmer to the diverter valve. We just discussed this about a week ago. It usually just sticks.

See the illustrations in the HVAC section of the FSM for exact locations.

Alright i was looking around the forums for weather stripping actually bc i have wind noise and a it leaks when in a car wash but back to the point i didnt think about this till i read the part of an oily film on the windshied. which i do have. http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/555941/Searchpage/2/Main/124401/Words/weather+strip/Search/true/Re_The_WATER_is_getting_inside#Post555941

so is this a sign of a leaky heater core??

My experience has been that an oily film on the inside of the windsheild does indicate a leaky heater core. I think Ronnie has the replacment process listed on his web site, it's done from below the dash on the pasengers side and takes about 2-4 hrs. The replacemnt Delphi core was very close but not exact replacment.