Studebaker 1929-1930 Hood???

Leif

I don't have an 8 cyl Studebaker any more to look at but my 1928 Commander Big 6 hood is 41-1/2" long and 21" high. It has 32 louvres.

Your hood looks similar to a Studebaker BUT the hood latch pieces are too small because most Stude hoods used the wide lifting handle as the latch hold down and did not have a lift handle in the center unless someone added it them selves later. The 42 louvres look like too many for that length hood?

Stude8

post-31139-1431380217_thumb.jpg

Guest Good Old Days

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Hi Leif,

I have measured the hood my 1928 President 8 and it has 32 louvres. It measures about 105 cm. long on top and 55 cm. high (front side).

So I think the louvres are too much at least for 1928.

Also the hood latch pieces are too small and are not excatly on the same place.

Ask someone with a 1929 Studebaker 8.

Now you know it's not a 1928.

BTW my President came from Norway in 1965. I heard you got quite some Studes over there.

Good luck!

Carine</span>

Thanks Carine.I hope some one else with 1929-1930 will take a look as well. Norway have and have had a lot of georgios cars in 1910s - 1930s.A lot of them are imported to Sweden,and as we use to say in Sweden, all cars with a golf bag is imported from Norway.

When looking at the list of members there are`t more than a hand full of 1920s Studebaker here in Sweden.

Thanks Leif in Sweden.

Guest Good Old Days

smile.gif

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Haven't found a golf bag yet!

Take a look at a topic in the General Discussion forum- what is it- 1930's roadster.

There is a photo from a Studebaker FH President 8, I tried to count the louvres and it seems to me there are more the 32!

I will ask the owner to count them (he'll probably think I'm crazy!) and let you know later.

Carine</span>

Hi

I had this information in one of my folders.

Maybe this will help

HOOD LOUVER COUNT

Model EU ... 23

Model GE (1st design) ... 26

Model GE (2nd design)... 26

Model GE (3rd design)... 26

Model FC, GL (grouped in 3)... 21

Model ES ... 29

Model EW ... 29

Model GB (1st design)... 29

Model GB (2nd design)... 32

Model GH ... 32

Model FD, GJ ... 26

Model FA (1st & 2nd design) ... 32

Model FB ... 32

Model FE, FH ... 32

cool.gif The Commander cool.gif

Thanks to The Commander and montrose It seems that I`m on wrong direktion,I`m not so well known with Studebaker myself.But let`s see if Carine has anything to tell.If the Commanders input are for both 1929 and 1930 I`m convinced that it`s not a Stude.hood.

Thanks for your help Leif in Sweden.

I agree with Commander for FE-FH louvre count = 32.

I had a 1930 FH President and it had the 32 louvres also a friend has 1929 FH and it has 32 louvres.

See the 1929 FH in photo, unfortunately the fender mirror stands in front of hood view so it is not easy to count 32 louvres.

Stude8

post-31139-143138022048_thumb.jpg

Guest Good Old Days

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Goodmorning Leif!

Got a response from my friend, he counted his louvres on the 1929 and it has (as I suspected) 32 louvres.

We both agree that this hood is not from a Studebaker.

So you have to keep looking, the years 1928-1930 are right and I think it's from an American car.

Otherwise post it in the topic What is it, perhaps more people will see it and hopefully recognize what it is.

Good luck searching! frown.gif

Carine</span>

Hi Catrine.And thanks for your help too.I have had the Hood in What is it,but as you understand with no luck.I will go further with my search and as I say to stude8 I will tell you if I will solve the problem.

Have a nice day Catrine(i think the other ones are sleeping right now.)Leif in Sweden.

Guest Good Old Days

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">No thanks Leif!

I have saved the pics, so if ever I find out what I think it is, I'll let you know!

A friend of mine, who now lives in France, has lots of pictures from cars and if he sees the 42 louvres he will let me know.

Ha de bra! grin.gif

Carine</span>

• 1 month later...