1935 12 club sedan

cooter9

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packard32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've tried and tried and the pictures won't load. I've reported the problem to Peter....B </div></div>

I'm leaving for home and will get the wife's help when I get home. But what did you think of the car?

Guest imported_Speedster

I couldn't even guess, as to how much it should be valued at (considering recent changes), but 'I Like It'! Appears to be a very well done restoration (appears to be done by professional) and I like the colors. Even the heater has been restored. wink.gif

It looks like a Packard should. grin.gif

If the radio works, the Value will about Double! laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I couldn't even guess, as to how much it should be valued at (considering recent changes), but 'I Like It'! Appears to be a very well done restoration (appears to be done by professional) and I like the colors. Even the heater has been restored. wink.gif

It looks like a Packard should. grin.gif

If the radio works, the Value will about Double! laugh.gif LOL laugh.gif </div></div>

When you say "recent changes", do you mean the economy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Speedster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, economy is the main thing. </div></div>

Yes, that is keeping me from pulling the trigger. I just wish I could get an idea from the Packard experts, you guys.

The car looks really nice and very straight. You haven't said how it runs and drives, but since the cosmetics on the engine have been done at least sometime recently, I would guess that the engine has been rebuilt, which if done correctly is worth about $30K or more. From the looks of it, those might be new heads. The exhaust manifold should be porcelained, the coil wire is clipped in the wrong place (about 90% of them are), the water jackets should be green with painted bolts, the oil fill letters should be painted and the hoses aren't the really expensive Lynn Steele type. What I can see of the interior looks good - correct pattern on the door panel and nice wood with inlay. The dash is correctly woodgrained, but the carpet shouldn't be bound like that. The lighter is incorrect and the heater is the right type, but doesn't have the right knobs or center strip, and should be darker brown. The only think that looks out of place on the outside is that the trunk rack seems to be darker - it should be body color. This is a rare and unusual car, and club sedans traditionally bring a premium over all other sedans, so if this runs and drives well and the engine has had a professional rebuild, I would guess it is worth 80 - 95K. I personally would like it better in a different color, but that is just my taste. Unless it is very light, it looks like the pinstriping is missing, and doing that would help the car. A nice original Super 8 sold this year for almost 60K, and this is surely worth more.