Wire Wheels for 25 DB

Guest oldodgeboys

Guest oldodgeboys

I just purchased a 25 DB roadster (1926 Series) that came with a total of 9 Wire Wheel rims. I was told they are for a 25 DB, but I wonder. I cant find any literature to support this claim. Does anyone have some experience in this area?

The rims look like they are 19 inch, not 20 inch as my literature shows for a 25 DB. The lug bolt pattern is a perfect match for the steel disk wheels on the car now.

The wheels range from good to basic junk. Most are missing the spokes. But there are enough to make a decent set of 5 or more. No hub caps.

Thanks

Gus

email: oldodgeboys@yahoo.com

Guest oldodgeboys

I would consider that trade.

It depends on what you use these wires on, but to swap my 25 DB disks for these wires I would also need to change the rear brake drums and posibly the rear hubs (I have these)...I'm not sure what you would have to do in your case.

Can you send some pictures of your wheels? How old are the tires? Do the rear wheels come with good brake drums? Are the front hubs bearings in good shape? Do you have a spare tire and rim?

Thanks,

Gus

oldodgeboys@yahoo.com

You probably have victory six wire wheels. They will fit the early 1924 disc wheel rear hubs with the flat style brake drums, and all of the front hubs. I am well versed in the wire wheels of the early dodges and I believe I have had all types known.

Guest oldodgeboys

I can post a picture, but I'm new to this forum so I'm not sure how to do that.

The wires look just like a picture I saw of a '27.

Guest oldodgeboys

Mark- My roadster came with the disks originally, so I dont want to loose that setup.

I would like to find a good set of wood wheels, if you should know someone...