Metal Packard trunk

West Peterson

Can't provide an entirely definitive answer as Packard offered several different trunks in each (most?) model year(s), and some years both fabric and metal-covered may have been offered. But as a generalization, 1934 and back (except possibily for the club sedan), trunks were fabric covered with plated corners, straps, etc. much like a steamer trunk. I believe the painted metal trunks are more appropriate to 35 and up.

• 15 years later...

Hallo ,hier ist Rüdiger Steck aus Deutschland, ich suche für meinen 1934 Packard super eight ebenfalls einen Trunk und eine vercromte Halterung für die Stoßstange vorne rechts.

Herzliche Grüsse

Rüdiger Steck Hohe

Kreuzgasse 12

63755 Alzenau

Translation thanks to Google

Hello, this is Rüdiger Steck from Germany, I'm also looking for a trunk and a chrome-plated holder for the front right bumper for my 1934 Packard super eight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Highlander160 said:

I'd have to scan some archives but I believe 34 had metal trunks offered, and the elephant grain fabricoid as well. It's appropriate for just about anything 33 and newer that uses that rack. 

Factory didn't start offering metal trunks until 1935.

On 8/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, West Peterson said:

Factory didn't start offering metal trunks until 1935.

True enuff, but it would be conceivable that a customer with a 34 would say "Hey I want one of those..." when seen on the accy displays. Yeah? No? Maybe...

On 8/14/2024 at 3:22 PM, Highlander160 said:

True enuff, but it would be conceivable that a customer with a 34 would say "Hey I want one of those..." when seen on the accy displays. Yeah? No? Maybe...

Of course. And the same customer could decide he wanted to update his headlights, wheels, bumpers, etc.