Question: 1939 Buick Special Electrical System

Guest new-guy39buick

Guest new-guy39buick

Looking to find schematic for 39 Buick electrical? 6 volt Negative ground system or is it a positive ground system? How do you know? Thanks!

The shop manual should have wiring diagrams. You can get repro shop manuals from a variety of sources, including Kanter and eBay.

I believe your car is negative ground like my '41.

Hope this helps. Glad to have you aboard.

Guest new-guy39buick

Thanks all! Just wanted to make sure since our 48 ford deluxe is positive ground 6-volt system. Fingers crossed...Bill in Illinois.

• 1 month later...
Guest 39BuickSpecial

not sure if you rec'd my posting regarding a radio for my 39 Buick. if you have one, i'm interested. if you don't i would appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.. thanks, Larry Martin

• 4 months later...

HELLO, I HAVE A COMPLETE GAUGE ASSEMBLY ,GLOVE BOX with bracket ,NEW CLOCK GLASS INNER WITH NUMBERS OUTTER CURVED GLASS. METAL WINDLACE FOR THE FRONT DOORS L/R WING ASSEMBLIES AND THE CHROME WINDOW GUIDES WITH THE CHROME IN VERY GOOD SHAPE AS THE GLASS IS ALSO. AND A SPEAKER CLOVER ON THE DASH AND IT Has EXELLENT CHROME and have the teardrop pcs that are above the front windows that mount on the roof line. and new knobs for misc parts on the dash, have a good set of horns , front clip brace. front inner fender braces that mount to body, two outside door handles, front end swing arm assemblies front and rear shocks,coil springs f/r intake / and exhaust manifolds, clutch assembly,complete trunk lite assembly, set of fog lites w/ brackets. good raditor and some other misc parts. thank you paul ph# 740-474-2825