Update on the engine shock

DAVES89

Reatamanz is still working to see if the company will even sell to a private party not affiliated with GM. Even if the part is discontinued the manufactuer may not want to upset GM and run the risk of damaging future sales with them.

I also have not heard what my freight bill will be as yet. I understand that because if I am not able to buy the parts it doesn't matter what the freight cost is.

SALES TO DATE

MAUIWOWEE 1

KDIRK 3 OR 4

NITTANY 2

NIC WALKER 2

DANIEL 2

DRAKE 4

RICHARD S 3

TOTAL 18

UNCONFIRMED SALES

CHAS 1 MAYBE

F-14 ?

NERCO 5

MIKE S 1

JOHN W/2 REATTAS 2

TOTAL 8

Even if the unconfirmed confirm with the confirmed confirmed [lol] we have 26. Still short. $1500.00 for shocks plus aprox. $300.00 for freight equals $70.00 each.

At this point I don't know what to do about a deadline as I am still waiting on Reatamanz.

I have also thought some more about what to do with the extra unsold shocks. [No one has brought this up, but I thought this would even be more fair to the forum].

I don't want to carry inventory. I am CONSIDERING this, as long as I get my cost back [up front] I will enhance the order of those who have confirmed to order and then of course have paid thru PAYPAL with Ronnie.

EXAMPLE;

MAUIIWOWEE 1 now 5

KDIRK 4 now 20

NITTANY 2 now 10

NIC WALKER 2 now 10

DANIEL 2 now 10

DRAKE 4 now 20

RICHARD S 3 now 15

Of course the above is only an EXAMPLE. There still might be a few fence sitters who might now order. Tommy had a made a good point, you can always sell on EBAY or to newbys coming in looking for the part.

Please note that I will be keeping a minimum of 2 at no charge for putting this together. I also need to work something out with Ronnie for doing the PAYPAL for us.

Also those who have confirmed to order will/should not be allowed to change their order as it will only put more $ pressure on the others who have confirmed to order.

This is a fair as I can make it...

Dave,

Thanks for the update. Depending on the lead time to get this done - if it does happen - I may have extra money to buy more than my stated commitment (as of right now). While I don't think I will ever need more than 4 (even if I get a second Reatta at some point) I would agree to a couple more if it is absolutely necessary to take some of the financial pressure of of you. As you have pointed out, extras could likely be resold down the road.

As to the deal with the supplier not upsetting GM with an "outside" sale, if it comes down to that, do you think an arrangement where a GM Dealer ordered the parts on our behalf might make a difference?

I have a pretty good standing with the parts guy at the Cadillac dealer I always order parts from. I might (OK, probably a stretch but worth a try) be able to talk him into some arrangement where the money is fronted and he orders them in if you think that would make any difference to the vendor. Just a thought.

KDirk

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

Example KDIRK committed to 4. He pays lets say $70.00 each, total $280.00. I ship him 20. He can recoup his investment selling to others. MAUIWOWEE committed to 1. He pays $70.00, I ship 5 to him. This way I get all my money back and I don't have to hold inventory to sell.

Anyone after the top 7 who pm'd me with a commitment orders say 1, they get 1. They order 2 they get 2. The only advantage going forward is the average price for all goes down.

Regarding KDIRK's parts guy, lets wait on what Reatamanz can do.

Guest spyhunter2k

My father is the Parts Dept. manager of a Pontiac/Buick/Cadillac/GMC dealership. I also may be able to get him to order them through the dealership if the money was fronted.

The problem with the idea of having the parts sent to a GM dealership, which address's the spirit of the manufacturer dealing only with GM, is that this dealership probably will not want to break down the orders, but will want to in turn ship them on to me. This will once again raise our cost.

Guys the roadblocks keep coming.

1] Reatamanz retires next week, I won't have a contact if order has problems

2] Still no OK on selling direct

3] Still no freight estimate

4] Have to maybe find a dealership that won't put in a "handling" or "breakdown" charge to either ship directly to you or send all of them to me.

5] I found out late last week that the price is for the shock only. It does not include the rubber mounting bushings. [There is no source for that part].

AND HERE IS THE QUESTION YOU HAVEN'T ASKED.

How many of these shocks has Jim Finn sold to Reatta owners in all the years he has sold us parts?

I did and he told me.

FIVE

DO you still want to do this?

Guest MauiWowee

I think it has been a noble effort, but the world will not end when this falls through. Thank you for all your effort.cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MauiWowee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it has been a noble effort, but the world will not end when this falls through. Thank you for all your effort.cool.gif </div></div>

I will second the motion. Just seems to be way too much work for very little results. 'Twas a valiant effort. Thanks to all.

• 3 weeks later...