1919 Touring Photos

72caddy

It was raining today so all the phtos are in the garage - parked hastily. Boxes of parts came with the car - not sure what fits and what doesn't at this point. Need some fellow member advice.

Look at the photo of the top - see how it sags in the middle. Was there some sort of clamp or catch for the mechanism?

Could someone verify that these are the correct gauges - I have five different speedometer gauges. I will sell off the ones I do not need.

Are there supposed to be end caps on the windshield support ends (see the silver nuts)?

Also have a large coffee can full of hub caps - several different thread size (diameter) - driver qaulity for the most part; one or two are really good - some engraved; some stamped

Any and all advice appreciated.

post-55762-143137987617_thumb.jpg

post-55762-143137987619_thumb.jpg

post-55762-143137987621_thumb.jpg

post-55762-143137987622_thumb.jpg

Hi- the top is sagging because the top straps and pads are not tight, they are either loose or the attachments (tacks or staples) have come loose. The straps between the rear bow and the middle bow hold the sides in place; the strap from the middle bow to the front bow holds the entire assembly in the correct position; and the rear curtain from the back bow to the body positions the rear bow and provides tension to hold everything in place correctly.

You need a person who knows how to adjust an early top correctly, and either fix what you have or put on a new top. The side irons should be straight, and hidden from outside view under top fabric. David Coco Winchester Va,.

I see two big differences (thanks for the photos). First, I do not have any top cables. Secondly my straps must really be off because the second and third bow are not sitting properly (upright).

Right now the car is running very rich...so much in fact that when it backfired - beside scareing the whole neighborhood - split the muffle along the seam! I pulled the plugs and the first two (front of car) where covered in black soot (rich) but the back two were both coverd in soot and oil - so I need to cehck compression as well.

It also stumbles badly when I give it gas - so I am off to figure out the proper carb setting and making sure the ignition is properly set.

Thanks for the help and advice. My email is ltpopeATknologydotnet. Just replace the AT and dot with the correct characters.