Del Shannon Memorial Car Cruise / Show - Western Michigan

Hey All You Midwest Area TC'ers,

Seeing all these get togethers the Western and Southern folks are having, I thought I'd throw out an invite to the Midwest folks. On August 9 and 10 we have the Coopersville's Summerfest which includes the Del Shannon Memorial Car Cruise / Show (he's was a local boy who is our one 'claim to fame' wink.gif ) I plan on having my TC's there and hopefully my Father's as well. They have a cruise on Friday night then the car show on saturday. They line the streets of Coopersville with all the show cars, last year there were 900 cars there, according to their web site http://www.coopersville.com/events.htm#sf

I can talk to the organizers and see if they can block off an area for our TC's, depending on what kind of response I get. They have a hotel right near the start of the cruise so you can be close to the 'action'. So whaddya say guys, here's a chance for us Northern folks to get together and show off our beauties... any takers??

Brian

Guest tcstroud

Thats 175 Miles according to map quest, sounds like a fun drive with the top down on the 16V. Maybe I will try to get My Dad to drive his 16V from Traverse City, and add a few miles to the 7,000 he has on it!!

Speaking of Western MI, do you guys do the "Mopars at the Red Barns" show? I attended for the first time last year (my wife's family have a summer place in the area). I did not yet have the TC then, but will be bringing it this year.

Since the car is originally from Saugatuck (sold by Highland Chry/Ply, Grand Rapids), I figure it will be a bit of a homecoming for it...

TT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony T.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speaking of Western MI, do you guys do the "Mopars at the Red Barns" show?..

TT </div></div>

Until your mention I had never heard of it, sounds like a fun Saturday trip though...now if I can just get that saturday off...I'll be there!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wild bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a "runaway" of a great time, wish I was closer. Nothing like a good party, er I mean car show. </div></div>

Yes it does Wild.... and hopefully none of the participants or their cars will "go to pieces" .. lol wink.gif

OK...so I talked to the organizers for the car show. Seems like the only way we can get our cars in the same area is if we show up at the same time...sooo...

As the event gets closer I will ask for those that are going to come, and we can establish a meeting time and place and show up in force!! smile.gif Right now we have 3 to possibly 5 coming. I'll keep in touch!

Brian

p.s.

Anyone that would like more info or would like to me to put their name on my Who's-coming list just drop me a PM.. thanks

• 1 month later...

AUG 9th is quickly approaching!! If you are planning on attending and would like to join up to arrive at the show as a 'group' send me a pm. I am planning on being there around 6-6:30ish. At this time my TC's will be there, not sure about my father's as it still needs work done on the rear bumper and tranny. I may be showing a couple motorcycles I recently finished. One I painted, the other we (my son and I ) did a bunch of modifications to...now I just have to figure out how to drive 2 cars and 2 cycles at the same time?!?!lol

Here's the repainted cycle..

finish2.jpg

finish4.jpg

Here's the modified cycle...

tease4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3 DAYS OUT AND COUNTING.....

Well we got the bumper brackets fixed/replaced and remounted the bumper on my Father's T and it goes to the tranny shop tomorrow. So if they can get it done by Saturday he'll have his at the show! I completed refinishing my wheels today so all that's left is some engine detailing and a final check of the detailing on the interior. Motorcycles are done as well so Saturday will be busy for me! Good thing I'm only 4 miles away from the venue, that way I can make multiple trips to get everything there!! smile.gif I'm even going to have the dealership DVD playing in my white TC!! I'll take some pics at the show and post them!!