1941 Zephyr 3-w in Tucson

15k?!!! That is insane! You can find some pretty decent restorable Connies for that much! And if you wheel and deal, maybe cheaper! There doe not look to be much left of that one! Especially since the Columbia and seat are missing and it is dented in and trim is missing, which as we know, none of those are cheap! We are not talking about a Chevy here!

We must remember that for MANY years, Zephyrs were considered as merely parts sources for Continentals. So much so that the few remaining salvageable Zephyrs have become more valuable than the many remaining salvageable Continentals. I have parted out two Zephyrs myself, but no Continentals - yet.

It might be interesting to know how many Continentals have been parted out for Zephyr parts. We know of at least one SUPER rusty '48 Continental that Merv got from Arizona. That body went immediately to the shredder and I'll bet that some of its mechanical parts have found their way into a Zephyr or two.

post-32768-14313797994_thumb.jpg

Well,,I am still scratching my head over this one. Final auction offer was a bit over 17k and did NOT hit the reserve. If it was 100% complete, I could see it, but not with it missing the good stuff. About the only thing I can see it had going for it was the lack of rust compared to what we deal with in the N/E.

Tom