engine bore

I am working on a 1935 Dodge sedan that has a 1937 Plymouth engine. It has the 3 1/8 bore and would need to be fitted with .080 pistons which are almost impossible to find. I was wondering if I could have it bored to 3 1/4 and use the std pistons for that size bore?

Or if anyone knows where I an find a 1935 Dodge engine.

Thanks Matt

Boring the engine that far should be no problem. Engines of that era were made to be bored up to 1/8". Not all at once, it was expected that the engine would be rebuilt several times during its service life.

If you ar concerned about possible corrosion damage or core shift you can have the block "sonic tested". This is standard practice when hopping up an engine. Also test for cracks in the block especially around the exhaust valve seats, also standard practice.

mattg...I would try to find a 35 Dodge engine. It should not be too difficult to locate one. Going back with an original engine will enhance it's value. You can have oversized pistons made or have the block sleeved back to std; however,if you are going through the trouble of rebuilding an engine I would find a '35 Dodge. If you are not already a member I would join the WPC Club; as it is an excellent source for Chrysler product parts and info.