1930 Chrysler 70 or 77

Anyone have a photograph they can share of the woodgrain for this car? I can't tell if the woodgrain is just in the middle area of the window trim below the glass, or if it is solid and just a darker color then the center. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest martylum

I can't help with a 70 or 77 picture but I regrained the window trim moldings on a 29 Desoto and a 32 Dodge 8 cylinder in the recent past and both had wood grain on the entire lower horizontal trim molding on the windows. The original graining on both cars was still in decent condition and both used the same background color even tho 3 years apart.

Martin Lum

Tim,

I have attached a picture in the area you were asking about of my original frame that is below the window. I have the dash pictures also if you need them.

post-32856-143137974169_thumb.jpg

My records come up void on 1930's, but I'll throw you some pics of 29 and 31 that I believe are similar series.

One of them is a really bad photo of an original 31 door trim.

The one that is clearly a picture of a piece of paper is my color and ink sample from a 29 series 75. It shows that the two grains were the same on that car, and placed on the same base color... just a darker ink used.

The pic of two door garnish pieces is a 29 done by us, again... done before I owned a digital camera so what you have is a digital pic of a photograph.

I hope it helps.

Patrick Goss

post-43514-143137976249_thumb.jpg

post-43514-143137976251_thumb.jpg

post-43514-143137976252_thumb.jpg

My records come up void on 1930's, but I'll throw you some pics of 29 and 31 that I believe are similar series.

One of them is a really bad photo of an original 31 door trim.

The one that is clearly a picture of a piece of paper is my color and ink sample from a 29 series 75. It shows that the two grains were the same on that car, and placed on the same base color... just a darker ink used.

The pic of two door garnish pieces is a 29 done by us, again... done before I owned a digital camera so what you have is a digital pic of a photograph.

I hope it helps.

Patrick Goss

• 3 weeks later...