89 Buick Reatta mpg

Guest blazer1997

Guest imported_blazer1997

Nice day in Louisville, KY took it out for a short spin, and was impressed with the mpg. Guess with all the help from this forum, and replacing just about everything paid off.

th_mph.jpg

I have the original window sticker and it states 28mpg highway. This is all flat interstate and as you can see from the photo it reads 31.6 mpg

Just hope it continues.

That's pretty good gas mileage considering the CRT says you just drove for a little over 10 minutes and just used 3 tenths (.3) of a gallon of gas. Driving at 58.5 MPH for a little over 10 minutes means you only drove for about 5 miles. Thats not a very good test for gas mileage.

Burn a tank full of gas (300-400 miles) and come back here and tell us what the gas mileage is. That will be a much more realistic figure.

Back in heated garage till end of April. I will give it a better test like you stated.

Have a question on a full tank of gas how many miles?

When filled it up today the crt stated when full 258 miles on a full tank.

Guest C.F.Massie

I hear you Doug, I drove round trip Wichita, KS to Waco, TX for three years every week, up and down I-35. 459 miles each way, total 143,208 miles. The next three years I drove from Greenville, TX to Wichita, Ks. on I-35, 392 each way, 122,304 miles. A total of 265,512 miles on my 89 Reatta and all that averaged 31.5 mpg.

And I thought the east coast and west coast had the crazy drivers, hell since I-35 is such a straight shot and pretty flat I guess everyone figures they can go flat out on it. i did come away from all that with one fact and that is when a person gets out of their home state they goose the speed up well over the speed limit, like 80 - 85 mph. And that goes for Kansans, Okies, and Texans. Blazer 1997 should wait until he has burned more than a few tank fulls to get a good fell for what his mileage will average. All those trips and I got about 567 miles per tank full (18 gal.), of course thats basically 90% highway driving mind you.

Guest imported_barra

On my '89 and '88, I got over 30 mpg but I stayed at 55 mph and turned the cruise control off going up hills. All this just irritated my wife when the mph got 45 but mileage increased.