Brake Fuses

Richard S

Unless someone has moved them, the relay on the firewall, closest to the master cylinder is for the ABS, the next one is for the booster pump. If you have a 1988 or early 1989, there will be a third relay, toward the passanger side, that is for the fuel pump.

Then there is the fuse for the brake relay.

HVAC fuse (10amp) powers the EBCM

ABS main relay fuse (30amp)

Stop/hazard fuse #6 (20amp) feeds the brake switch and is grounded in the EBCM

Guest steakneggs

I don't think that any of the three on the firewall would be the fuel pump fuse because I removed all three when I converted my Teves and the car still runs. My manual contradicts itself saying that the passenger side one is the brake pump relay fuse in one diagram and the ABS fuse in another. I'm still looking for the fuel pump relay. There is one somewhere. Steak

Steak, The fuel pump can also be powered by a set of contacts inside the Oil Pressure sending unit. The car will take longer to start because it has to turn over enough to build oil pressure, then the fuel pump will come on and it will run.

See the Driveability & Emmisions section of the FSM, page 6E3-A-28, Chart A-5.

It sure would be helpful if everyone would put the model of their Reatta in their signature line so we would know up front which model we are talking about.

The model of the car is the number one question that comes to mind when trying to help someone out. It gets cumbersome asking the same question over and over again.

I'm not putting anyone down... just wishing out loud.

Guest steakneggs

After a lengthy search in my FSM ('88), I found out that the fuel pump relay is on the firewall (like Barney said) and the fuse is in the relay center. I was kind of hoping that the electrical clusterfunk on the firewall was all Teves-related. I don't think the Steakmobile fuel pump is running off the oil switch because it starts easy. Steak